Chemical guys?

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
He loved the drop top T-bird, but demands a pick up truck ride everyday, he literally stops at it as we go out for walks in the neighborhood.

Screenshot_20210312-173418_Gallery.jpg

20210310_110423.jpg
That last picture would have been great if you had your tongue out like your dog. :D
Sponsored

Jtholz

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Blackout, 501A, Tow Package
Vehicle Showcase
I went down the CG rabbit hole and bought pretty much everything that I thought I needed to detail a vehicle. I have been very happy with all their products. It was a little pricy, but to me, it was worth it. My truck SHINES when it is detailed!!
IMG_1309.jpg
IMG_1310_Original.jpg

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
When I did some heavy paint correction on the 87 - it didn't get cared for properly for about 2 years while I got my life straight lol

Here is the first pass with v36 to clear the oxidation. It did a fantastic job clearing the junk after a clay session.
IMG_20190803_085723.jpg

And then i followed up with v38 to help the swirls and holograms.
IMG_20190803_114337_01.jpg

Topped off with Butter wet wax and jet seal. Looks fantastic. Especially for thirty something year old paint.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
I went down the CG rabbit hole and bought pretty much everything that I thought I needed to detail a vehicle. I have been very happy with all their products. It was a little pricy, but to me, it was worth it. My truck SHINES when it is detailed!!
IMG_1309.jpg
IMG_1310_Original.jpg
Minor thread derail. What size are those BFGs I can’t quite make it out. Sitting real nice!

DuckDCoy

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I use the chemical guys product for interior surfaces. Says its good on every surface including the navigation screen. I have been happy with it so far. Not glossy or dust attractant so far.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Dave I was just gonna chastise you for endorsing things without a disclaimer and now you go and talk about your tongue cover! TMI dude :crackup:
Aye thunk it's too harf to tolk wiff dis thunge cother on so I wull rethern it!

Thunks Dave!! ?

BlueXLT

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
I like their butter wet wax, I've used it on my past 3 vehicles. I haven't tried many other products by them. Their pads were just ok, I'm not an expert by any stretch just an enthusiast. I did a clay bar, polish, and wax on my hood and front last weekend. Planning on doing the rest of the truck soon. This wax goes on pretty easy, and it's easier than the mother's I was using to take off.

1616104220834.png

alan0614

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Lariat, 2017 GT350, 2016 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Product and Training Manager
Another vote for CG products. Haven’t tried anything I don’t like.

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I feel like they make decent products and there is nothing wrong with them. They seem to have built a big fan base of customers who only use their products. I've used some and have been happy with them. They aren't a staple in my arsenal though. I can get better products for less money. There are so many awesome products out there I think a lot of people miss out when they stick to a single brand. Don't be afraid to branch out!

Last edited:

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
I use a lot of their products and I think that they’re great. Are there better products for each specific area of cleaning needed? Im sure there are, however, Chemical Guys is a one stop shop and all of their stuff is at least decent to very good. I have never experienced a bad product from them. Makes it a lot easier than shopping all over amazon/google for each and every product.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
This wax goes on pretty easy, and it's easier than the mother's I was using to take off.
That's what I really like about it. Some wax really has to buff to be removed. I like putting on butter wet with a machine. Few dabs on the pad, put it on, rub it off.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
They have good products. I bought a 3 pack of - 16"X16" Chemical Guys Workhorse microfiber towels on Amazon. After a wash job, I dry the Truck off with a large 22" X 36" microfiber towel and then after that use one of these 16"X 16" towels for drying off any residue of water left over. I use another one for drying off the wheels after washing them. The 3rd one, I use for wiping off an application of car wax from the paint. I've marked each towel tag with a permanent marker to identify them so they will be used again for the same applications after they are washed. Also ordered their mr pink car wash shampoo because of good reviews, but haven't used it yet until I finish the current bottle of Meguiars car wash.

Chemical Guys Microfiber.jpg

Last edited: