Ceramic Coating Done on our Shop Lady

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Upkeep - Cleaning, Detailing, Protecting' started by Randy, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicle(s):
    Ranger 2019
    Our shop lady got a Ceramic Coating good for 5 yrs... It turned out really nice. I am really happy with the shine and results.

Look at the shine reflected of the side towards the Corvette, amazing. - and of course I had to finally get my Tint Life Stickers on!!!!

IMG_8575.JPG

IMG_8574.JPG

IMG_8573.JPG

IMG_8568.JPG

IMG_8571.JPG

IMG_8572.JPG

IMG_8575.JPG

IMG_8578.JPG

gfitzge2, Scottopia, RangerB and 6 others like this.
  2. pa-fatboy

pa-fatboy Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
    Garage Profiles:
    #2 Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Looks great! What ceramic coating did you use on your truck?

I used Modesta on a car in 2016. It is still looking great now. I haven’t waxed it ever! After a wash, I do spray carpro reset on the finish to keep it fresh. The largest benefits I have seen over the past 3 years is that the car stays clean longer. A good solid rain will practically rinse the car so it looks good. Guys at work ask me how much time do I spend washing and waxing my car.

Your truck looks amazing. I haven’t decided what ceramic coating I will apply to my truck. Modesta can only be applied by a Modesta trained professional detailer. It is very expensive and I will not spend that kind of $$$ on a truck.

Thanks for sharing. It would be cool if you created a garage here and posted pics of your truck to see how your experience with that ceramic coating works out.

Ol Bromy likes this.
  3. Ol Bromy

Ol Bromy Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Lariat FX4
    Garage Profiles:
    Your shop truck does look great! I’m also curious about which product you used.

I’m actually planning to do a ceramic coating on Friday. I’ll be using Armor Shield IX and I’ll post photos when I’m done. I’ve had the coating in my garage for about a month now, so I’m anxious to use it.

So far I’ve been very impressed with the folks at AvalonKing. They’re extremely responsive when I’ve asked questions about their Armor Shield product and Eric has checked in a few times to ask if I’ve applied it yet.

4. pa-fatboy

pa-fatboy Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
    Garage Profiles:
    Good luck, I’ll be looking for your pics as well! The Ford paint seems like some of the better paint for putting up a resistance to swirls. What is your prep process prior to applying the ceramic coating?

5. Ol Bromy

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Lariat FX4
    Garage Profiles:
    Thanks...definitely excited to get it done.

I’ve already used a clay mitt as well as an iron remover on it, so I’ll give it a nice wash using a soap that doesn’t contain conditioners of any sort. Since the truck’s only a couple of months old and the paint’s in great shape, I’ll just do a light polish followed by an IPA wipe down. After that comes the application of my ceramic coating. Then it’ll sit in the garage for a couple of days to cure.

6. Ol Bromy

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Lariat FX4
    Garage Profiles:
    Applied my ceramic coat yesterday...turned out great! It was way easier to work with than I’d expected and the truck is super reflective now. It’s sitting in the garage to cure today, except for the photo shoot with my father in law’s toy

29B5A39A-1656-4530-A098-E0A623DE49EB.jpeg

D9C6F6F5-53F8-4280-A071-5C3DA72E3304.jpeg

4FA69C76-F647-4740-AC96-3B06B8EE7FA1.jpeg

37D7561C-757E-4A30-8371-967C2E6E78ED.jpeg