Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Our shop lady got a Ceramic Coating good for 5 yrs... It turned out really nice. I am really happy with the shine and results.

Look at the shine reflected of the side towards the Corvette, amazing. - and of course I had to finally get my Tint Life Stickers on!!!!

IMG_8575.JPG

IMG_8574.JPG

IMG_8573.JPG

IMG_8568.JPG

IMG_8571.JPG

IMG_8572.JPG

IMG_8575.JPG

IMG_8578.JPG
Sponsored

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! What ceramic coating did you use on your truck?

I used Modesta on a car in 2016. It is still looking great now. I haven’t waxed it ever! After a wash, I do spray carpro reset on the finish to keep it fresh. The largest benefits I have seen over the past 3 years is that the car stays clean longer. A good solid rain will practically rinse the car so it looks good. Guys at work ask me how much time do I spend washing and waxing my car.

Your truck looks amazing. I haven’t decided what ceramic coating I will apply to my truck. Modesta can only be applied by a Modesta trained professional detailer. It is very expensive and I will not spend that kind of $$$ on a truck.

Thanks for sharing. It would be cool if you created a garage here and posted pics of your truck to see how your experience with that ceramic coating works out.

Last edited:

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Your shop truck does look great! I’m also curious about which product you used.

I’m actually planning to do a ceramic coating on Friday. I’ll be using Armor Shield IX and I’ll post photos when I’m done. I’ve had the coating in my garage for about a month now, so I’m anxious to use it.

So far I’ve been very impressed with the folks at AvalonKing. They’re extremely responsive when I’ve asked questions about their Armor Shield product and Eric has checked in a few times to ask if I’ve applied it yet.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Your shop truck does look great! I’m also curious about which product you used.

I’m actually planning to do a ceramic coating on Friday. I’ll be using Armor Shield IX and I’ll post photos when I’m done. I’ve had the coating in my garage for about a month now, so I’m anxious to use it.

So far I’ve been very impressed with the folks at AvalonKing. They’re extremely responsive when I’ve asked questions about their Armor Shield product and Eric has checked in a few times to ask if I’ve applied it yet.
Good luck, I’ll be looking for your pics as well! The Ford paint seems like some of the better paint for putting up a resistance to swirls. What is your prep process prior to applying the ceramic coating?

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck, I’ll be looking for your pics as well! The Ford paint seems like some of the better paint for putting up a resistance to swirls. What is your prep process prior to applying the ceramic coating?
Thanks...definitely excited to get it done.

I’ve already used a clay mitt as well as an iron remover on it, so I’ll give it a nice wash using a soap that doesn’t contain conditioners of any sort. Since the truck’s only a couple of months old and the paint’s in great shape, I’ll just do a light polish followed by an IPA wipe down. After that comes the application of my ceramic coating. Then it’ll sit in the garage for a couple of days to cure.

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Applied my ceramic coat yesterday...turned out great! It was way easier to work with than I’d expected and the truck is super reflective now. It’s sitting in the garage to cure today, except for the photo shoot with my father in law’s toy

29B5A39A-1656-4530-A098-E0A623DE49EB.jpeg

D9C6F6F5-53F8-4280-A071-5C3DA72E3304.jpeg

4FA69C76-F647-4740-AC96-3B06B8EE7FA1.jpeg

37D7561C-757E-4A30-8371-967C2E6E78ED.jpeg

dwilson7725

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
A Ceramic Coating (such as Opti-Coat Pro, C. Quartz, and Ceramic Pro) is a liquid polymer that is applied by hand to the exterior of a vehicle. The coating chemically bonds with the vehicle's factory paint, creating a layer of protection. A Ceramic Coating is not a substitute for Paint Protection Film, which provides a more comprehensive for of defensive. It is a premium wax alternative. A Ceramic Coating adds additional protection to your car’s exterior and helps keep it looking like-new with comparatively minimal maintenance. So your new car looks sharp. But it won’t be long before time and the elements take their toll on your ride’s paint job. Ceramic coating can preserve your car’s paint job and keep it looking good longer. The coating protects the car for substances such as rust, UV rays, and harsh chemicals. If you have other questions about Ceramic Coatings, check this link right here now. If you care about preserving the look and quality of your car’s paint, you can request a quote in under few minutes. We’ll follow up to answer all of your questions.

OP
OP
Randy

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
G-Technic was used on my Truck. There is also another product to use every 6 months as preventive maintenance. The coating I got on mine is supposed to be good for 7 yrs... so it says.

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4x4 Ingot Silver 301A
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
Our shop lady got a Ceramic Coating good for 5 yrs... It turned out really nice. I am really happy with the shine and results.

Look at the shine reflected of the side towards the Corvette, amazing. - and of course I had to finally get my Tint Life Stickers on!!!!

IMG_8575.JPG

IMG_8574.JPG

IMG_8573.JPG

IMG_8568.JPG

IMG_8571.JPG

IMG_8572.JPG

IMG_8575.JPG

IMG_8578.JPG
What size Cooper's and how much lift are you running?

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
G-Technic was used on my Truck. There is also another product to use every 6 months as preventive maintenance. The coating I got on mine is supposed to be good for 7 yrs... so it says.
I use car pro reload after every wash to keep my ceramic coat fresh. Mine has a 10 year potential life. I am in year five and it looks as fresh and clean as when first done. I could not apply this ceramic coating. It needed to be applied by someone certified by the company. It was $1,500 to fully cover my mustang. I did the paint correction which saved me a bunch.

carpro reload is sprayed on a freshly washed and dried car and wiped off with an edge less microfiber towel.

when it sits out in the rain, it looks like it was recently detailed from 30 feet. It also stays clean MUCH LONGER than my cars I wax. I still wax a couple because I enjoy the process. I like using my buffers and hanging out in the garage with 70’s rock playing and an open beer. Heaven! But... ceramic coating rocks!

I still need to do my ranger. I have a ceramic coating from Wolfgang to apply. It is a 3 year product. I will be using iron-x, clay bars and polish from carpro to do the paint correction prior to the ceramic going on. I just need it to warmup in PA! Just get in the mid-sixties, stop raining and I’ll be a happy guy!

Burista

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger
Occupation
Student @ UNR
What 3in lift are you running?, and did you notice any major mpg drop? Also, aren't you @vamanozz on insta?

OP
OP
Randy

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
What 3in lift are you running?, and did you notice any major mpg drop? Also, aren't you @vamanozz on insta?
NO Vamonoz is Jason the one who did my coating.
Him and I refer a lot of work between each other. I think he used to live in Vegas, but now in Florida.

3" lift FordLifted Trucks

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase

Looks great, are those stock wheels with a 2" lift?
Sponsored