First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
I wish I could join you all but I have accepted a new job in Utah and have to be there by August 1. I have a lot of preparing to do for the move in addition to teaching 2 classes during the summer. It is going to be crazy this summer.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Im down with july
Let's get it planned. Hollister Hills in July. How does July 24th work? (I just picked a random Saturday to get the conversation started, feel free to suggest something else)

Hopefully, I'll have my bumper and winch installed by then.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Before or after weekend works for me too.

FordRager420

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
marketing d00d
Let's get it planned. Hollister Hills in July. How does July 24th work? (I just picked a random Saturday to get the conversation started, feel free to suggest something else)

Hopefully, I'll have my bumper and winch installed by then.
I am fully down to meetup at Hollister Hills in July but I'm booked up the weekend of the 24th - I am free the weekend before (July 17 or 18 work) though if that happens to work for anyone

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
I am fully down to meetup at Hollister Hills in July but I'm booked up the weekend of the 24th - I am free the weekend before (July 17 or 18 work) though if that happens to work for anyone
Ok, so it looks like Hollister Hills on July 17th? Let's get a list of who would be interested in going on this trip and finalize some details so we can plan.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Arrgh - apologies gents - we've had an overlanding trailer on order for several months and I just learned yesterday that our date for pickup (in Utah) is 16-July. Net-net, our next availability is looking like 31-July, and then 14-August (or mid-week around those dates if you are free).

To help make up for this, the first couple of rounds are on me if you'd like to group up with us next week. We are headed back over the Sierras via 108 either Tuesday or Wednesday. We plan to camp off-road for a few days around Leavitt or Kavanaugh. Happy to have others join in if you are interested/available, even if you only want to come for the day (Leavitt is a fairly easy day trip from most places covered by this group, figure 2 hours from Sonora, which we'll be hitting around 11am). Janet and I are mostly harmless and fully retired (schoolteacher, high-tech).

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
Arrgh - apologies gents - we've had an overlanding trailer on order for several months and I just learned yesterday that our date for pickup (in Utah) is 16-July. Net-net, our next availability is looking like 31-July, and then 14-August (or mid-week around those dates if you are free).

To help make up for this, the first couple of rounds are on me if you'd like to group up with us next week. We are headed back over the Sierras via 108 either Tuesday or Wednesday. We plan to camp off-road for a few days around Leavitt or Kavanaugh. Happy to have others join in if you are interested/available, even if you only want to come for the day (Leavitt is a fairly easy day trip from most places covered by this group, figure 2 hours from Sonora, which we'll be hitting around 11am). Janet and I are mostly harmless and fully retired (schoolteacher, high-tech).

I'd love to join, but have work :crying:. Any chance you'll be up there on the weekend?

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
You'll get more rigs if you make a separate trip-announcement thread.

Can you guys do July 10? I'm booked for the rest of July. I live 45 minutes from Hollister Hills, and have been there a few times in my old Frontier and twice in the Ranger. It's well worth the visit for first-timers.

You won't need a winch
Bring an FRS/GMRS/CB radio to communicate.
There are a couple of air-up stations by the Ranger station, so no worries about airing back up afterwards.

Let me know if you have other questions; I'm happy to answer.

FordRager420

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
marketing d00d
I'm heading up to Tahoe the weekend of July 10th so I won't be able to make that work, unfortunately. Anyone want to rip Rubicon in my pretty much stock Ranger? No? Okay, maybe next time.

I'm still free on 7/17 and plan on heading to Hollister that day for some rippin' if anyone happens to be free to join

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Would love to join up with you guys - I am available this weekend (3-4 July), last weekend in July (31 July - 1 August) or mid-August (14-15 August), if any of those dates work for you. Here's a pic from this morning near Kirkwood
20210628_070931.jpg
:

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm heading up to Tahoe the weekend of July 10th so I won't be able to make that work, unfortunately. Anyone want to rip Rubicon in my pretty much stock Ranger? No? Okay, maybe next time.

I'm still free on 7/17 and plan on heading to Hollister that day for some rippin' if anyone happens to be free to join
Sounds good to me. Even if it is just the 2 of us ;)
Sponsored