First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
Do you have the e-locker? Prob be ok if you do. If not, we could use the recovery hooks to pull you up any areas you couldnt make it. You can usually choose the lines you follow, I would hope there are both easy, and challenging lines.

If you really want to be involved, I think we could make it happen is my point.

I totally get the busy thing though. I am the same way rn.
Sadly no e-locker. I am leveled with 265/70/17 General Grabber ATXs. I am willing to give anything a try, but I know my limits. Worst case scenario I have to turn around.
Sponsored

Doctorfong

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX/FX4 (Wife's Car 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth)
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
My wife will be a Summer School principal for two weeks, then we'll be gone for a week. Looks like July would be the best for a day trip.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
My wife will be a Summer School principal for two weeks, then we'll be gone for a week. Looks like July would be the best for a day trip.
I'm good with a July day trip. I'm thinking mid or late July, sine people will possibly already have plans for the 4th. What's everyone think?

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I (and maybe my wife, depending on if others bring their so's) are up for just about anything just about any time. Currently booked 22-25 July, but otherwise available until 5 August.

MustangMike2021

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FX4 1966 Mustang GT Fastback
Occupation
Tech
I am in Fresno, but only a 4x2 and unsure I would be able roll with you all on most of the mentioned trails. I am teaching 2 summer classes for extra cash., so might be too busy. I am planning a few weekend camping trips in the Buck Rock Lookout area and possibly Hume Lake (if I can get a spot). I want to find a place for July 4th near a lake that may have fireworks. I really need to get away from technology. A campfire and a good book sounds amazing.
Been to Buck Rock CG many times, love the hike and climb to the lookout. Sounds Like Shaver Lake's 4th of July fireworks show is a go, but I'm sure half of Fresno will be there. HWY 168 will be crazy going up and down the hill. Up until a couple years ago, I explored the area in my 1998 2WD Ranger. You would be amazed at the places you can get to in a Ranger 2WD. It didn't do well in snow, but ate up dirt trails. I'm with you, a cold beer or shot of whiskey, a camp fire, and a clear night for star gazing makes for a perfect trip. I recommend getting the Sierra National Forest map that the sell at the ranger station in Prather. Shows most roads/trails. I usually just take a dirt road I see from the main road and travel it until I start to feel uneasy with the terrain, then make a U-turn. I have found a lot of incredible camping spots that I have all to myself.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
We are heading up & over Tioga starting tomorrow for at least a couple of days. Will try to camp first night at Ellery or as far down as we need to go. Plan to run either Laurel Lakes or Kavanaugh Ridge on Thursday. Will go up 395 and back over 108 to come home as we want to scope out Leavitt Lake for a future stay.

Let me know if interested in grouping up for some/all of this.

D

Rangerski47

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Consultant
I have yet to do any offroading myself, besides just testing the off road options in my backyard (4acres) but Im still down, just need to plan because i have kids every other week.

But Im Still down to go

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
It looks like I may not be in California much longer. I have a job offer in another state. I am currently waiting for a few details before making the final decision. One good thing is the new area has 1000% better air quality.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm all for an off-road meet up, just need input from those who are interested. I have a full set of recovery gear, but still no bumper/winch. I ordered it in April, but they are custom built, so said it will take a while.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I could potentially be down, dependent on date and where it's at. I am a lot further south than most of y'all.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
I could potentially be down, dependent on date and where it's at. I am a lot further south than most of y'all.
If you see my previous post, I mentioned some spots. Feel free to vote for 1, or give another option. As far as the date, I think we are looking at July from reading everyone's posts, but it is still open. Feel free to suggest a date that you are free.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
If you see my previous post, I mentioned some spots. Feel free to vote for 1, or give another option. As far as the date, I think we are looking at July from reading everyone's posts, but it is still open. Feel free to suggest a date that you are free.
I’ll give it a thought, don’t quite want a group to revolve around my location so if it works out I’ll tag along. I’m free basically up until September, then I am back in grad school.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
I’ll give it a thought, don’t quite want a group to revolve around my location so if it works out I’ll tag along. I’m free basically up until September, then I am back in grad school.
I dont think the group would revolve around any 1 person's location. A peraon can look at a given event and come if it interests them, or not if it doesn't.

Once I have my bumper and winch, I plan on hitting some random service roads and scoping out some good campgrounds. Hopefully find some decent areas to test out my 4wd capabilities as well.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I dont think the group would revolve around any 1 person's location. A peraon can look at a given event and come if it interests them, or not if it doesn't.

Once I have my bumper and winch, I plan on hitting some random service roads and scoping out some good campgrounds. Hopefully find some decent areas to test out my 4wd capabilities as well.
I hear ya on that, definitely keeping an eye on this thread, I don't really care where we go quite honestly since I don't know much off-roading beyond the San Diego area.

That bumper and winch will feel nice, can't wait to see how it looks.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
So, what are opinions on a Hollister hills trip in mid/late July? I am not sure of availability, but they do have camping. It could be overnight for those that wanted, or just a day trip if people needed to head home the same day.
Sponsored