jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys just starting this thread to keep everything for this meet up in one place...

-Time - 9:00 am ?
-Location - Hungry Valley off road park
https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...ee4e507b81d482!8m2!3d34.723006!4d-118.8655123
-Figured it would be easiest to meet inside the park at the 4x4 test course in case anyone is running late...

-The state charges $5 to enter the park
-There is no food or services in the park (nearest is the town of gorman)

We can play at the 4x4 test course and use that area for a base camp and from there take off and do trail runs for whoever wants to join. We will let the group decide how mild or wild these trail runs will be!

All are welcome! Bring your significant other/kids/dogs/friends!

You can enter the park from two locations,

From the south,
exit "Smokey Bear road" turn left under the freeway go to the stop sign, when you get to the stop sign the entrance to the park is across the street. Once on the dirt road the 4x4 course is about 4 miles up on the left side. once the dirt road turns to pavement start looking to your left and you should see it.

From the north,
exit the only exit for Gorman turn right under the freeway and then right at the Mc Donalds. about 1 mile up turn left into the park, Once in the park drive about 6 miles to the 4x4 course it will be on your right side.

The CB channels were set as: Channel 4 (for trails and Highway fallback), Channel 14 (highways)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jlmotox

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
If you are coming quote this post and add your name!

1. jlmotox

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Questions for the regular! I tried to figure this all out when I was first digging into what was required for particular trails, etc.
  1. Do we need an OHV pass for the park? That is, it looks like you can either pay the $5 day use fee, or get an annual ($50) OVH pass, correct?
  2. Do we need any other passes for this area? (Some of the places I've looked at require other forest/park passes and apparently there's like a half dozen different ones for California, which is weird to this Michigander who is used to 1xOHV pass and 1xState Parks permit).

1. jlmotox
2. Gizmokid2005 (+3, 1 extra vehicle)
Count me in with partner, plus another buddy in a Jeep and partner. Looking forward to it! (Appointment tomorrow, to make sure I'm good, but I don't see why not.)

OP
OP
jlmotox

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Questions for the regular! I tried to figure this all out when I was first digging into what was required for particular trails, etc.
  1. Do we need an OHV pass for the park? That is, it looks like you can either pay the $5 day use fee, or get an annual ($50) OVH pass, correct?
  2. Do we need any other passes for this area? (Some of the places I've looked at require other forest/park passes and apparently there's like a half dozen different ones for California, which is weird to this Michigander who is used to 1xOHV pass and 1xState Parks permit).

Count me in with partner, plus another buddy in a Jeep and partner. Looking forward to it! (Appointment tomorrow, to make sure I'm good, but I don't see why not.)
All you need is $5, No other permits/passes needed!

Awesome!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
All you need is $5, No other permits/passes needed!

Awesome!
Thanks! I suspect this is going to be a more regular thing for me, so I'll probably do the OHV annual pass instead of the day use, just makes more sense (and even if I don't use it, at least the money is going to help maintain these areas).

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase

1. jlmotox
2. rang19ca
3. Bluesport + Family
4. SafetyDan & Bride

Last edited:

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
1. jlmotox
2. rang19ca
3. Bluesport + Family
4. SafetyDan & Bride
5. Themikeyan and possibly a couple of friends

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I won't be able to make this one but would definitely be interested in heading down south for a future gathering, I'm sure @Pathung might be interested as well.

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
I shared this on a socal ranger group on Facebook