Central Valley off roading

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
I was actually in Modesto all day yesterday for work lol. I’m up by Lodi but work in Modesto every 2 weeks.

Doctorfong

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX/FX4 (Wife's Car 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth)
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Fresno checking in

nevrenufhp

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SXT
Occupation
Lineman
LaGrange off road park has all kinds of great and various trails. I just got my Ranger in June. Took it to Carnegie on day one. LaGrange is much better for trucks, and Carnegie is for bikes.

Rangerski47

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
IT Consultant
Modesto Checking in!! Just picked up my FX4 last Sunday!
Looking to get a small group going (beginning level)

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Get a MVUM map or an app like Gaia GPS. I was up near Pinecrest a few weeks ago . Most all of my favorite stuff was still closed.

MustangMike2021

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FX4 1966 Mustang GT Fastback
Occupation
Tech
I also live in Fresno. Have spent a lot of time in the Sierras. Kiser Pass is scheduled to open next week. A easy trip would be the Bear Diversion 4WD road. Its between Mono Hot Springs and Lake Edison. About 10 miles and ends at a nice fishing reservoir. I recommend night crawlers as bait. If you want a little more difficulty, search 'Bald Mountain trail' just east of Shaver lake. Never been there but what I have read is it is as tough as you want to make it depending on the lines you take. I'm going to go explore the area the first weekend in June. No real plan because I am not sure what is open and not due to the 'Creek Fire' going through the area last Fall. Google 'Bald Mountain' and take a look. Also I recommend your go by your local Forest Service office and buy their Sierra National Forest map ($8 or so). It shows most 4WD roads in the SNF

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
What part of the valley you from? Don’t think I’ve seen one other ranger on the road around Modesto
I was actually in Modesto all day yesterday for work lol. I’m up by Lodi but work in Modesto every 2 weeks.
Funny, I bought my Ranger in Modesto after searching just about all Ford dealers in Ca and my birthplace was Lodi...grew up on the coast.

MustangMike2021

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FX4 1966 Mustang GT Fastback
Occupation
Tech
Funny, I bought my Ranger in Modesto after searching just about all Ford dealers in Ca and my birthplace was Lodi...grew up on the coast.
I got tired of dealing with my local Ford dealers. Did the Ford Inventory search and found the exact FX4 302A with tow for $8000 below sticker at a tiny dealership in Escalon, CA just east of Modesto. Called them, set a appt. Deal and paper work done in about 30 minutes

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I got tired of dealing with my local Ford dealers. Did the Ford Inventory search and found the exact FX4 302A with tow for $8000 below sticker at a tiny dealership in Escalon, CA just east of Modesto. Called them, set a appt. Deal and paper work done in about 30 minutes
Used to pass through there on way to Sonora all the time, but now just cut cross country to Oakdale and bypass all the Stockton mall traffic between 5 and 99...lol

FordRager420

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
marketing d00d
Hey! I’m in the Bay Area and I have zero mud buds (4x4 friends)

Y’all want to organize a Ranger crew meet up at some point this spring/summer? Hollister Hills SRVA is a fun day and sort of in the middle of Bay Area/ Central Valley but I’m also open to anything in the region if anyone has other ideas

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
I turned around and did my purchase of my 2021 Lariat Tremor, while in Japan lol. All via online/esignature.
Sponsored