Central Valley off roading

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Hey! I’m in the Bay Area and I have zero mud buds (4x4 friends)

Y’all want to organize a Ranger crew meet up at some point this spring/summer? Hollister Hills SRVA is a fun day and sort of in the middle of Bay Area/ Central Valley but I’m also open to anything in the region if anyone has other ideas
I’m Down
Sponsored

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Hey! I’m in the Bay Area and I have zero mud buds (4x4 friends)

Y’all want to organize a Ranger crew meet up at some point this spring/summer? Hollister Hills SRVA is a fun day and sort of in the middle of Bay Area/ Central Valley but I’m also open to anything in the region if anyone has other ideas
Yup, I'm all for it.

Csb1992

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Parts
Any body in the Central Valley still meeting up I just got my 2021 ranger tremor wanted to see if there was any groups out there

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
Nothing has been scheduled that I know of. Let's get something scheduled.

First, we'd need to pick a date. Saturdays work best for me. Needs to be far enough away to not interfere with existing plans.

Then we need a place, a few have been mentioned already. I think we should get everyone's location, and try to pick an area roughly in the middle.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Shit.. i used to live in Tracy. We just went out into the fields.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Santa Clara checking in (grew up around Fresno). I'm up.

Hollister Hills (http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1179) and Frank Raines (http://www.stancountyparks.com/frank-raines/) both have a range of trails for practice and also allow camping.

I am thinking of heading over Sonora to Leavitt Lake (need to check access) or over Tioga to Bodie or Laurel Lake next week (1-2 nights) if anyone is interested in grouping up.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab

Hollister Hills (http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1179) and Frank Raines (http://www.stancountyparks.com/frank-raines/) both have a range of trails for practice and also allow camping.

I am thinking of heading over Sonora to Leavitt Lake (need to check access) or over Tioga to Bodie or Laurel Lake next week (1-2 nights) if anyone is interested in grouping up.
IIRC Frank Raines is closed from May until October.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
So far here are the areas we have people coming from:

@Doctorfong - Fresno
@MustangMike2021 - Fresno
@Bludrok - Lodi
@Lost19Ranger - Lodi
@Joec6512 - Modesto
@Rangerski47 - Modesto
@FordRager420 - Oakland
@nevrenufhp - Sacramento
@ProtonDecay - Santa Clara
@Csb1992 - Turlock

If I didn't list your name and you want me to, just let me know your location and I will update this post.

The trails that have been suggested are:

Hollister Hills - (Bludrok)
La Grange - ()
Bear Diversion 4wd road - ()

I didn't list Frank Raines because it is currently closed until November.

Let's take a vote on where we should have a meet-up, and try to get something scheduled. Let me know which you would want, and I will put your name next to it. Once we decide a place, we can figure out the date we want to go.

Feel free to suggest other locations as well.

My thoughts:
Honestly, La grange looks like it would be fun for an hour or 2, and then get boring very fast. I don't know anything about bear diversion, but sounds like it could be fun for a camping trip. I really liked the pictures I saw of Hollister Hills. While I would probably be up for anything, I would be most interested in Hollister Hills, but it is 162 miles from Sacramento, so I am not sure how many would be willing to make the drive.

Reactions: Doc

MustangMike2021

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FX4 1966 Mustang GT Fastback
Occupation
Tech

Are you in for camping? I prefer to travel light and tent camp. Made a trip to Bodie last year, went across 108 and was impressed with the area. I would like to explore more.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Are you in for camping? I prefer to travel light and tent camp. Made a trip to Bodie last year, went across 108 and was impressed with the area. I would like to explore more.
Make sure you call the local Ranger Station if you head up 108. The big windstorm this last winter knocked down a lot of trees. Not much was open a few weeks ago.

1B7BECF8-6EE9-42C9-9246-82F1A5D6D35D.jpeg

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm not opposed to it, but mainly looking for a day trip.

Csb1992

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Parts
I’m down for hollister hills!

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
I am in Fresno, but only a 4x2 and unsure I would be able roll with you all on most of the mentioned trails. I am teaching 2 summer classes for extra cash., so might be too busy. I am planning a few weekend camping trips in the Buck Rock Lookout area and possibly Hume Lake (if I can get a spot). I want to find a place for July 4th near a lake that may have fireworks. I really need to get away from technology. A campfire and a good book sounds amazing.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
I am in Fresno, but only a 4x2 and unsure I would be able roll with you all on most of the mentioned trails. I am teaching 2 summer classes for extra cash., so might be too busy. I am planning a few weekend camping trips in the Buck Rock Lookout area and possibly Hume Lake (if I can get a spot). I want to find a place for July 4th near a lake that may have fireworks. I really need to get away from technology. A campfire and a good book sounds amazing.
Do you have the e-locker? Prob be ok if you do. If not, we could use the recovery hooks to pull you up any areas you couldnt make it. You can usually choose the lines you follow, I would hope there are both easy, and challenging lines.

If you really want to be involved, I think we could make it happen is my point.

I totally get the busy thing though. I am the same way rn.