Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
do you have any data into actual performance increase from JUST removing the cat? I'd be kinda surprised if it actually made a noticeable difference on a vehicle this new, other than just causing boost creep?

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2 Shadow Black
Occupation
Head of Engineering - Cook Spring Company
Vehicle Showcase
do you have any data into actual performance increase from JUST removing the cat? I'd be kinda surprised if it actually made a noticeable difference on a vehicle this new, other than just causing boost creep?
I have datalogs of before and after but I did charge pipes and the cat delete at the same time so it would be hard to tell which had the most impact. I can upload my logs if you're interested. As far as boost creep, I'm not entirely familiar enough with it to know what kind of issue it is.

On topic of my previous replies, I got everything all put back together and did two WOT runs and I've got to say, I'm surprised by how much different it sounds with the wrap. It doesn't sound as raspy and seems to have a little better tone overall.

20200308_135917.jpg

20200308_135848.jpg

20200308_133302.jpg

20200308_133247.jpg

20200308_133156.jpg

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Definitely want some sound clips of this!!

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2010 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
I want some sound clips as well. I like being obnoxiously loud, but then again I only drive the 2019 on Sunny days or weekends so going to work won't bother the neighbors (actually, my 2010 is also catted with straight pipes. lol)

Also, what is a no fouler? Isn't that what is used for plugs?

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I want some sound clips as well. I like being obnoxiously loud, but then again I only drive the 2019 on Sunny days or weekends so going to work won't bother the neighbors (actually, my 2010 is also catted with straight pipes. lol)

Also, what is a no fouler? Isn't that what is used for plugs?
I don't have any sound clips of it before putting the glasspack in from the outside, just the sound from inside the cab during a short run. And yes, no foulers are generally used for spark plugs but the thread is the exact same size as the O2 sensor, you have to use a 1/2in drill bit to make space for the O2 sensor in the no foulers but it basically pulls the sensor out of the exhaust stream so that it doesn't trip the catalyst efficiency sensor. Works like a champ for a $5 fix lol.

I'll have my daughter rev it up and I'll record it from outside the truck today so you can hear what it sounds like now though.

Reactions: Doc

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here you guys go. Got a video of startup and idle as well as a video of it revving.

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
Here you guys go. Got a video of startup and idle as well as a video of it revving.
Thanks! Sounds pretty awesome. That little blue smoke puff at startup gave me flashbacks to my 350 TBI though.

Darek661

First Name
Darek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
According to a friend that tried to keep up with me, he said it shoots flames and rolls smoke like a diesel lol. Rather run rich than lean for safety sake but I know that also means that there's a lot more power to be had within the tune itself.

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
According to a friend that tried to keep up with me, he said it shoots flames and rolls smoke like a diesel lol. Rather run rich than lean for safety sake but I know that also means that there's a lot more power to be had within the tune itself.
That's probably not a good thing lol. What all have you done to your engine upgrade wise?

My 350 TBI was built and would smoke constantly. That thing always made me angry. Oil would magically appear out of nowhere no matter what I did to that engine. I could throw it into the sun and it would still smoke.
Sponsored