[CarPlay Smart Box] enables Wireless Android Auto and install apps

Marijoey

First Name
Marijoey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
This will be the most satisfying retrofit part of my 20‘ Ranger.
I got a newsletter, that recommended a wireless dongle that enables wireless CarPlay and Android Auto with no limit to install any apps with Android Auto.

Just placed one, will keep updating once I got it.
1647507151190.png
Sponsored

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW, no one offers a wireless adapter that works with both CarPlay and Android Auto.

That being said,my wife's 21 Jeep didn't come with factory nav and she finds having to plug in her iPhone everytime she wants to use nav a real nuisance. I got her the Carlin wireless CarPlay adapter. Every once in a while it will act up and requires unplugging and plugging it back in to reboot it. But, over all it works very well. The Siri voice recognition works so much better than the uConnect (or Sync for that matter) than the uConnect voice recognition.

Bdubjax

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercrew Lariat FX4
Occupation
System administrator
I have to replace cables what seems like every 6 months. I'm wiring up a USB port off the fuse box to integrate a wireless charger and am putting a wireless adaptor for Android auto, but, I'm not impressed with the one first tried. I put in an Ottercast based on reviews and I'm sending it back. Buggy as hell even with latest firmware. Random static, random quality issues, random having to repair Bluetooth, and the item I just couldn't deal with, it doesn't transmit song info or Google maps info so that the right lariat 4 inch screen can show info which drives me nuts to see a blank screen.

Does anyone have the Motorola or other devices installed on a Lariat with the two side displays on the sides of the speedo and do they work? Good quality?
Sponsored