Carhartt Precision Fit Seat Covers

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Its been eight months since I've had these seat covers and figured I'd give a small update as I'm super thrilled with these seat covers.

Took the covers off today to give them a cold wash in the washing machine. After a summer of the pup being in and out of the ponds and lake they were starting to get a stank to them and some of the dirt and slobber was getting tough to wash out with them on the seats. Plus there have been a few incidents this summer with coffee going flying when the pup catches site of deer, turkey, or another dog next to us. Coffee always wiped right off as I keep rags in the truck.

Seats underneath still look like the day I bought the truck with no signs of rubbing from the seat covers. The padding underneath the covers does a good job of protecting the original seats and is still in great shape. Covers came out of the wash looking brand new. The super dux waterproofing they use is fantastic just as it is with their jackets. Durability with the pup jumping all over them has also been fantastic as there is no sign or wear or tear. Well worth the money to buy quality and do it once as they will last years and years, easy to cold wash and air dry, look brand new coming out of the wash, and most importantly, the seats they are protecting still look brand new.

Edit: Seats come out of the wash basically dry due to the waterproofing. Just need to air dry out the covers for the padding material.
Sponsored

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Its been eight months since I've had these seat covers and figured I'd give a small update as I'm super thrilled with these seat covers.

Took the covers off today to give them a cold wash in the washing machine. After a summer of the pup being in and out of the ponds and lake they were starting to get a stank to them and some of the dirt and slobber was getting tough to wash out with them on the seats. Plus there have been a few incidents this summer with coffee going flying when the pup catches site of deer, turkey, or another dog next to us. Coffee always wiped right off as I keep rags in the truck.

Seats underneath still look like the day I bought the truck with no signs of rubbing from the seat covers. The padding underneath the covers does a good job of protecting the original seats and is still in great shape. Covers came out of the wash looking brand new. The super dux waterproofing they use is fantastic just as it is with their jackets. Durability with the pup jumping all over them has also been fantastic as there is no sign or wear or tear. Well worth the money to buy quality and do it once as they will last years and years, easy to cold wash and air dry, look brand new coming out of the wash, and most importantly, the seats they are protecting still look brand new.

Edit: Seats come out of the wash basically dry due to the waterproofing. Just need to air dry out the covers for the padding material.
Thank you for taking the time to give us an honest appraisal.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Great post Jeff - I saw a recent post by another member who just installed these - the fit was impressive. Now we have real world testing. ?

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Hey Jeff are these rear seat covers? If so can you post a link? BTW the pup window stops are standing strong!! Thanks for that!!!

Awesome to hear the stops are still holding up. They are TPU rubber so they should last along time barring long exposure to UV. Hence the two sets, just in case.

I only purchased the front seats which came with the armrest cover also. They do sell a kit for the rear seats, but since I removed mine to allow for a flat bed of plywood, memory foam, and removable cover for the pup, I didn't purchase the rears. My rear seat is packaged and in storage until I trade it in.

Great post Jeff - I saw a recent post by another member who just installed these - the fit was impressive. Now we have real world testing. ?

Yeah I was surprised by the fit. Really close to looking like real seats, and definitely don' t look like slip ons. I had done a leather kit from Leather Seats dot com in my F150. After a week of my hands being claws from steaming, stretching, and clipping hog rings, I'd swore I'd never ever do that again. Maybe if I was 20 years younger. Looked fantastic, but that was a ton of work. My only gripe is that they are a dog hair magnet. Not like vinyl or leather where its easy to vacuum. It does take a few passes to get the hair off. But worth the trade off. Took me a quarter of the time to reinstall this time as it did the first time. Once you figure out how to pass the straps through the corners of the seat, taking them off and putting back on is not too time consuming. I think it took 20 minutes to reinstall and five minutes to remove.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Awesome to hear the stops are still holding up. They are TPU rubber so they should last along time barring long exposure to UV. Hence the two sets, just in case.

I only purchased the front seats which came with the armrest cover also. They do sell a kit for the rear seats, but since I removed mine to allow for a flat bed of plywood, memory foam, and removable cover for the pup, I didn't purchase the rears. My rear seat is packaged and in storage until I trade it in.

Yeah I was surprised by the fit. Really close to looking like real seats, and definitely don' t look like slip ons. I had done a leather kit from Leather Seats dot com in my F150. After a week of my hands being claws from steaming, stretching, and clipping hog rings, I'd swore I'd never ever do that again. Maybe if I was 20 years younger. Looked fantastic, but that was a ton of work. My only gripe is that they are a dog hair magnet. Not like vinyl or leather where its easy to vacuum. It does take a few passes to get the hair off. But worth the trade off. Took me a quarter of the time to reinstall this time as it did the first time. Once you figure out how to pass the straps through the corners of the seat, taking them off and putting back on is not too time consuming. I think it took 20 minutes to reinstall and five minutes to remove.
Yeah my autistic grandson threw one out of the window so only a set and a half ? but we’re still good!!! I live in SoCal but don’t see any UV issues!! Actually it’s one of my favorite mods!!!

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Other passengers ask WTF and just tell them put it back when you get out. You seriously have made a difference in our world and I thank you!!!

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I take it you’re in Idaho now, try to stay cool..

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I've been casually looking for a seat cover I can use in the front seats to protect from grime, and yet fits the seats well.

I hike, mountain bike, play in an old fat man's soccer league, so I climb into my truck wet, dirty, and sweaty far more often than I climb into it freshly showered. the seats get funky FAST and I'd like a waterproof cover that looks reasonably good.

I have a back seat cover for the dog that does what I need, so I only need the fronts. where did you purchase your carhartt covers?

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
I've been casually looking for a seat cover I can use in the front seats to protect from grime, and yet fits the seats well.

I hike, mountain bike, play in an old fat man's soccer league, so I climb into my truck wet, dirty, and sweaty far more often than I climb into it freshly showered. the seats get funky FAST and I'd like a waterproof cover that looks reasonably good.

I have a back seat cover for the dog that does what I need, so I only need the fronts. where did you purchase your carhartt covers?
https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/carhartt-super-dux-precisionfit-custom-seat-covers.CGT-GTCO

Real truck sells them also but they ultimately come from cover craft

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks for posting this. The reviews from forum members are the most valuable sources of information on mods and other products. I have one question: from what you say, these give you an additional layer of protection for the original seats, which is a huge plus already. Do they also give the passengers, the human ones I mean, any more cushioning or support than just the stock seats, or is it a wash?

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Someone gave me some amazon (cheep) covers a year and a half ago. Then I saw on this site that the side curtains were in the back rest I took them off because there was no opening for the curtains to come out. The foam backing was disintegrating and was all over my seats in the form of dust. Nix on cheep improper fitting seat covers.