CARBONIZED GRAY Ranger Club Thread

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Is this different than the Magnetic Gray color from 2019? Hard to tell from the photos, but it looks a bit different.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Is this different than the Magnetic Gray color from 2019? Hard to tell from the photos, but it looks a bit different.
It seems less metallic and slightly lighter than the Magnetic, IMO.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yes. Magnetic is still the trim color. You can see the difference.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Bt_ostate

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Silver metallic in paint lightens it up. Can almost look silvery gray in sunlight. So not as dark of a gray as magnetic.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
20210308_165113~2.jpg

Oops. I did it again. On the lot before I drove it home. This color is glorious.

OP
OP
Bt_ostate

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
New member here from western Washington. Ordered my Carbonized Gray 2021 Lariat Tremor on 3/13. ETA 8-12 weeks...uggh
Mine will have taken 90 days if it actually shows at its current eta

creolechowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat (incoming); 2019 Mustang GT350
C192531D-91CC-42E4-A7FE-B3F7994C82BA.jpeg

XLT FX4 black appearance. Love it.
I ordered a 2021 in carbonized gray based on the paint scheme that Ford was and still is showing on their website for this new color. Since I placed the order (still waiting...ordered first week in January), I've been seeing real world pictures of these, including some on actual Ford dealers' websites. In my opinion, it's nothing like the color Ford is selling it as. So many photos I've seen make it look like a very light gray borderline silver.

I've been told by my dealership that delivery is imminent, and if it looks like the color that I'm seeing in most of the real world photos, I guess I'll be fighting to get my $1k deposit back.

That said, @Samsquanch your photos show a darker color, and while still lighter than Ford advertises (plus it's taken at night), I would be happy with that look. Do you mind posting some daytime pictures? If you can, thank you!

Is there anyone here who has taken delivery of this color and been surprised? I would love to hear any input. I've added two photos. The top one is from Ford's website. The bottom is a real photo.

2.JPG

3.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: