Status
Not open for further replies.

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
the hell with the damper I want one of those little lock/unlock squares on the door handles on my tailgate! pisses me off every time i leave my keys in the truck, go to unload something, and the damn tailgate is locked. Stupid to have a lock on a tailgate anyway unless you get one of those hardtop covers.
Unplug it. Can't be that hard
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
the hell with the damper I want one of those little lock/unlock squares on the door handles on my tailgate! pisses me off every time i leave my keys in the truck, go to unload something, and the damn tailgate is locked. Stupid to have a lock on a tailgate anyway unless you get one of those hardtop covers.
I feel your pain, but can't the door unlock (and hopefully tailgate) unlock protocol be changed to like say the truck's transmission being placed into park?
For what it's worth, the tailgate on my 2000 SuperCab was stolen twice because it had no lock.
BTW, it did not have a camper shell nor a hardtop cover either.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Now that I agree on! :D:like: I usually have my equipment in there during the week for work so I like that it locks because I don't have to take everything out if I'm running errands.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Unplug it. Can't be that hard
Easy to unplug right under the tailgate - Ford even provides a end cap for the Truck end - you would have to devise a cover for the tailgate end...

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I am aware I could just unplug it I was just wishing it had one of the keyless entry buttons on the handle like the doors do. I find putting it in park or slowing down to under 10mph or whatever it is doesn't unlock the tailgate only pushing the button does and this I often forget. It's not a big deal just irritating.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
When I finally receive my 2020 I plan to do some mods via Forscan and will look into this and keep you posted.
It would drive me to drinking (more than now)...lol

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
When I finally receive my 2020 I plan to do some mods via Forscan and will look into this and keep you posted.
It would drive me to drinking (more than now)...lol
careful though some dealers wont honor warranty if you use forscan. stupid i know but they are like that...

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
TAC on Amazon. $159.99 + free shipping. Were as easy to install as OEM ones that I have used. All brackets and hardware incl. Just be SURE to order for type cab you have! And unless you live in SoCal be prepared for the shipping wait!
Thanks for that info.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
My last F150 had the option to lock the tailgate, or not, using the ignition key. That was fine with me.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My last F150 had the option to lock the tailgate, or not, using the ignition key. That was fine with me.
You can use the key with the Ranger too. They should have put the keyless lock/unlock sensor in the handle like all four doors have.

IMG_1442.jpg

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
you mean it had a seperate button on the key or it locked/unlocked with the door button? A separate tailgate button would be nice where it never locks unless you hit the button. I guess I just need to learn to keep the keys in my pocket.
Also I guess even if they put the little switch on the tailgate handle like the door handles have you would still need the key in your pocket for it to work.

Bob Mac arthur

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger lariat shadow black FX4 501A. TRAILER TOW PACKAGE
Occupation
Retired

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Let's lighten it up a bit... Do any of y'all know where the CD slot is? I can't find one in my dash!
I
Here's my take on the "damper battle" - buy one, install it, and if you still think that it's useless, re-sell it for $35. I wonder what percentage ends up keeping it? ;-)

The Promo Code WELCOME at Varsity Ford doesn't seem to be working anymore, unfortunately.
I sent an email that there's no place to enter the code, and they credited back my $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.