First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
education
Does the 3m type adhesive hurt the paint in any way for the long run?

If you put on the clear "bra" type tape first, is it easy or a pain... and where do you get... cut it yourself or is it preshaped?

I love the thought of having that on the entire front, but I know its supposed to be a super pain to get on by yourself... and expensive to have someone else do it...

jacobt409

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Just to be sure you are getting the one you want:
The AVS Aeroskin 2 is a hood protector and will not do much for bugs. It attaches directly to the hood using 3M adhesive tape.
The AVS Bug Deflector II is a bug deflector - like the traditional type - that sits off the hood.

I have the Aeroskin 2 - see picture.
Just hoping to help.

F9E26E5D-5418-4AB3-B9AD-39D1173F1798.jpeg
Is that the Aeroskin 2 or 1?

Looks like this one to me: https://accessories.ford.com/exterior/deflectors/deflector-12219.html

The only Aeroskin 2 I see on Ford's website has the little extra lip at the top that yours doesn't: https://accessories.ford.com/exterior/deflectors/deflector-12429.html

I have practically the same truck as you and I really dig your deflector and want to make sure I get the exact same one.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Is that the Aeroskin 2 or 1?

Looks like this one to me: https://accessories.ford.com/exterior/deflectors/deflector-12219.html

The only Aeroskin 2 I see on Ford's website has the little extra lip at the top that yours doesn't: https://accessories.ford.com/exterior/deflectors/deflector-12429.html

I have practically the same truck as you and I really dig your deflector and want to make sure I get the exact same one.
My apologies....its the Aeroskin not Aeroskin 2 .
This one
https://accessories.ford.com/exterior/deflectors/deflector-12219.html

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up going with the AVS BugDeflector II. Install was pretty easy once I employed wife's help, definitely easier with 2 people. I like the height of the deflector and lip, but also the gap between the hood and deflector. I liked the formed look of the WeatherTech but I was too concern with it being too close to paint. I also like the drain slots in the AVS which keeps water from building up between hood and deflector. Price was really good too at $54.

AVS Deflector.jpg

AVS Bug Deflector II.jpeg
Looks great on your truck, thanks for sharing the pics. I installed the same product on mine, then took it on a trip from the west coast to the midwest, around 2k miles. At the end of the trip, the front bumper and grill was plastered with bugs and such, while the hood and windshield were relatively untouched. My father was so impressed with how well it functioned that he ordered and installed one on his truck.

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
I liked the AVS Bugflector II also. Install was easy with enough gap that the stick on bumpers were not needed.
IMG_20201005_141006.jpg

CWOJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I liked the AVS Bugflector II also. Install was easy with enough gap that the stick on bumpers were not needed.
IMG_20201005_141006.jpg
I know I haven’t used the little bumpers either. The gap seems wide enough and even when I push on it, it’s hard to get the deflector to make contact with hood. I saved them just in case but so far no need IMO.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
AVS model. I have it more for looks and to prevent the leading edge of the hood from chipping. Easy to install and looks great.

IMG_20200913_153106.jpg

IMG_20200913_153000.jpg

SuperBford

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
education
AVS model. I have it more for looks and to prevent the leading edge of the hood from chipping. Easy to install and looks great.

IMG_20200913_153106.jpg

IMG_20200913_153000.jpg
Which exact AVS model is this one?

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Aren't the bumpers to prevent the deflector from flexing at high speeds and contacting the hood ?

Igor

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4 Sport
Where in Canada to get AVS Aeroskin II ?

CWOJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Aren't the bumpers to prevent the deflector from flexing at high speeds and contacting the hood ?
Yes they are, I just didn’t use them because the deflector seems so stiff that even when I push on it, it doesn’t make contact. I have been checking it after every highway trip to see if it seems like it maybe touching. I saved the bumpers in case I need them
Sponsored