pdbwest

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Is it solid? How does it lift up?
Yah seems pretty solid..it just uses the 4 clips/latches that clip into the bed. You need to unclip the back two which then allows you to fold up the back two sections...I think is pretty standard for this type of cover.

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Can you post a couple of pics of the inside and latches? I have one of those swing away gear boxes and I'm concerned it would interfere with the operation of the back latches.

Thanks!

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I've used cheaper roll-up covers on my last 2 trucks with zero problems. I actually prefer them since they allow for easy use of the entire bed and I don't usually store anything of value back there.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've used cheaper roll-up covers on my last 2 trucks with zero problems. I actually prefer them since they allow for easy use of the entire bed and I don't usually store anything of value back there.
Same here. I bought an expensive one for my Tacoma and while it was nice and the top was a little thicker I didn't notice anything else that made it worth double the price.

For my Ranger I went with an Access Vanish cover and after 18 months it's been great. I paid $308.00 and it's now a little cheaper at $290.00.

https://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/77A3613A6804080.aspx

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Likewise, I had had a TruXport on my 2011 and it was the first thing I ordered for my 2019. Less than $300 on Amazon. Only water issues is the tailgate gaps and a high pressure car wash, going to fix that as soon a spring comes.

OP
OP
pdbwest

pdbwest

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Can you post a couple of pics of the inside and latches? I have one of those swing away gear boxes and I'm concerned it would interfere with the operation of the back latches.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Yah I think the tool boxes would hit the latches (on this set up anyway)
Yah seems pretty solid..it just uses the 4 clips/latches that clip into the bed. You need to unclip the back two which then allows you to fold up the back two sections...I think is pretty standard for this type of cover.
[/QUOT
20210205_111352.jpg

20210205_111338.jpg

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Mine was just under $200...when it wears out I'd like one that sits flush with the top of the bed rails...maybe even a hard tri fold.

FoMoCoDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
The gap in the front where the front bed side is lower than the sides is a recurring theme. Who makes a cover tailor fit to our trucks? I dont want to have layers on layers of sealing strip foam across the there. Read thru several threads and see many mentions of the gap, and accommodations to correct it. Who has come out with a cover that fills the gap some other way?

Lucky2013

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 4x4 STX Special Edition,
Occupation
Aircraft Master Mechanic
The gap in the front where the front bed side is lower than the sides is a recurring theme. Who makes a cover tailor fit to our trucks? I dont want to have layers on layers of sealing strip foam across the there. Read thru several threads and see many mentions of the gap, and accommodations to correct it. Who has come out with a cover that fills the gap some other way?
I mounted the Pace Edwards / Leer Ultra Groove Cover.

The installation material includes a square metal tube which fills the lower part in front of the truck bed. It is hold in place with 3M tape. On top goes the foam tape to seal with the tonneau cover. We hada couple of days of heavy rain after the install. The bed was dry beside some water which came through the tailgate cracks. I installed yesterday a seal kit and hope that will stop that.

This tonneau cover has T - grooves so you can install also a roof rack on top of the cover !!!

FoMoCoDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Thank you Lucky2013
The Ultragroove is a really nice cover with not so nice price.
Folllowing that lead though. I may get a piece of tubing or C channel to fill that gap.
Now I have to make sure to find a cover that is long enough.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Same here. I bought an expensive one for my Tacoma and while it was nice and the top was a little thicker I didn't notice anything else that made it worth double the price.

For my Ranger I went with an Access Vanish cover and after 18 months it's been great. I paid $308.00 and it's now a little cheaper at $290.00.

https://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/77A3613A6804080.aspx
Dave, the Money Pit is talking to me again ?. Just got this add in an email this morning: Access Vanish Tonneau Cover - SHIPS FREE | AutoAnything™
I had a Leer on my last Ranger and really liked it! To save money, I'm playing with the idea of the Vanish instead of a shell even though I liked the additional height for carrying loads. The Leer had a fold down option in it to hang clothes from which was a great convenient accessory when traveling. I was just looking at the Ranger and its looks like there are several clamps over the rear doors doors to attach a clothes bar if I get a Tonneau instead? Do you still like and recommend the Vanish? Fit? Easy to remove? Durable? Reasonably thief proof? Does it leak? Any downsides?

Side.jpg

Back Angle.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: