Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Can I restart this thread? Our Element is giving us grief and we are looking for a replacement. So is the bronco sport with the larger engine worth considering?
I haven’t watched it, but this YouTube video might help.

Sponsored

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
My wife really wants a Bronco. Her Dad had a 70 blue and white one when she was growing up. She's never been super fussy about what car she drives although they've all been nice. She's kinda obsessed with the Bronco though.

My Ranger is in for service and they loaned me a new Bronco Badlands. I've been driving it for a couple of days and I'm not impressed. It's a pretty basic model but in the price range I think is reasonable for a truck like that.

The first thing I noticed is that the ride is bad, very harsh. I'd say worse than my Ranger. The steering is almost annoyingly heavy...... Especially on the highway where you're driving with one hand on the wheel like I do. The 1.5 liter is not up to the task, for me at least. You can tell that they worked on the turbo and trans tuning to try to take advantage of the TQ curve of the engine, so that medium throttle acceleration feels pretty good. When you really need to go through, you better have left yourself plenty of time and space to get up to highway speeds.

My last complaint would be some of the interior pieces that feel like junk and the lack of any kinda of decent "extras" (tailgate assist, driving lights, auto start.....etc.) for the price point.

I know I could jump up a couple of versions and get the 2.0 but the price jump is huge for what I'm seeing in inventory.

I really wanted to like the truck, but I can't see buying one at this point. I know my wife will not be happy with the ride and several other things coming out of an Escape Titanium.
I'm surprised that I see so many women driving them because they feel real "trucky" more trucky than my truck, IMO. 😬
its a bronco sport... its not a truck is a crossover car thing that just sucks to drive all together and shouldnt even have the bronco name on it... if she wants a bronco go drive the actual bronco...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
As a Element owner, I disagree with many of his comments. We put something over 100,000 miles on ours.
The fact that he kept referring to it as a Ford Bronco (not a Bronco Sport) really undermined his credibility with me.
Sponsored