First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
OK I'm with you, but what does that actually mean these days? Made in America? Profits go back to America? Hmmm.
I'm a loyal Ford guy.
but not a fanboy.
The reason I go with Fords is they check off more boxes constantly than anyone else when i am in the market.
ts that simple.
because of my past success with Fords, there is some bias that the next time i'm looking for a new ride, they are a top pick to go browse their offerings, and as i compare to the others, the decision is always clear
This is how I feel too. I've tried VW, Porsche, M-B, Subaru, Chevy and Toyota (we won't count the MG). In between were usually Fords. And I kept coming back to Fords. They're what I know, I'm comfortable with the design choices, and the company's social and political stances are a close enough fit to mine that I don't mind giving them my money over someone else.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Ok a disclaimer, my father was a Ford mechanic for his lifetime and my brother too.
That said I’ve owned different brands of vehicles but I keep coming back to Ford.. I find each brand has a different “feel” to them from driving, seating, visibility etc…

I like Cadillac V series sedans but I’m a truck person at heart..

I’ve noticed in the Ranger 5G and new Maverick forums that there is more of an instant gratification loyalty, More so in the Maverick forum. Yeah maybe it’s just impatience in today’s world but there is a lot of whining like waiting for a new video gaming console to come out.

Yeah at 64 I guess I’m just old school and experienced but it bugs the crap out me… just saying.. Maybe it’s just youths (utes) that will someday figure it out.

Ford didn’t get by being a slouch but they had their moments… Sometimes you gotta make a stand..

Rant over…
I am a motor head.

I like most cars and trucks. A fan of muscle cars, trucks, etc. Not stuck on any one brand.

Had a 67 chevelle that i loved. Love GTO's, though havent owned one yet.
Had a 69 Torino and a Buick GS. Also had a 68 Barracuda. Owned a 72 mustang.

Loved them all.

Love old trucks. But have had very bad luck with Chevy/GM trucks. Will most likely never own another.

Had zero issues with the Ford trucks i have owned. Dodge trucks have been ok.

Have owned a few Rangers. Great trucks. Beat the hell out of my last, which was a 2009 super cab 4x4. Even towed a Case Skidsteer on a few occasions.

35k on my 2019 ranger. No complaints so far. Great truck

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
I would say that I do have brand loyalty. I've been driving Fords since 1976. My 1st Ford was a 1962 F-250 with a 292Y block. Over the years I have had plenty of Fords. 65 GT350, 68 GT500, 67 Fairlane, 70 MACH 1 428, 88 Mark IV. I have seen first hand the quality compared to GM, Chrysler, Toyota and I would never own anything else.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I'm a Ford guy, not exclusively but that's where I'll look first. My wife has a Chrysler minivan mostly because Ford doesn't make a minivan (the Transit is too small to meet the requirements of two greyhounds). I'm a funeral director and most of our hearses are stretched Lincolns or Cadillacs. GM cupholder placement is vastly better, usually at the front of the console while Ford and Lincoln cupholders tend to be in the middle or rear of the console and inconvenient to reach.
When it comes to my trucks I won't consider anything but a Ford though.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I have had ford, gmc. jeep, Chevy, dodge, and pontiac. Have driven most of them to 200,000 or more. The pontiac was 300,000. Routine maintenance and take care of the small things right away and most will last. Maybe I've just been lucky?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have had ford, gmc. jeep, Chevy, dodge, and pontiac. Have driven most of them to 200,000 or more. The pontiac was 300,000. Routine maintenance and take care of the small things right away and most will last. Maybe I've just been lucky?

I think luck has a small portion to do with it. But you having taken care of them and fixing things right away is a big plus. So many neglect their vehicles and just put gas in in and drive off. I cant tell you how many customers of mine back east would start their car on a frigid morning and throw it in gear and take off without letting it warm up. At least let some oil circulate a bit after sitting all night.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I've always had to work for what I have. Never the fanciest or top of the line. Dad taught me at a young age to take care of what I have and I have tried to teach that to my kids as well.

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
I've always had to work for what I have. Never the fanciest or top of the line. Dad taught me at a young age to take care of what I have and I have tried to teach that to my kids as well.
This XLT is the closest I’ve ever been to “top of the line” in a vehicle. At least I can see it from here and chose to stay away. And it is much fancier then anything my father ever drove. I will always remember the time when he climbed into my old truck and said “How many miles you got on this now? You obviously keep real good care of it.”

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
This XLT is the closest I’ve ever been to “top of the line” in a vehicle. At least I can see it from here and chose to stay away. And it is much fancier then anything my father ever drove. I will always remember the time when he climbed into my old truck and said “How many miles you got on this now? You obviously keep real good care of it.”
I agree completely!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Ok a disclaimer, my father was a Ford mechanic for his lifetime and my brother too.
That said I’ve owned different brands of vehicles but I keep coming back to Ford.. I find each brand has a different “feel” to them from driving, seating, visibility etc…

I like Cadillac V series sedans but I’m a truck person at heart..

I’ve noticed in the Ranger 5G and new Maverick forums that there is more of an instant gratification loyalty, More so in the Maverick forum. Yeah maybe it’s just impatience in today’s world but there is a lot of whining like waiting for a new video gaming console to come out.

Yeah at 64 I guess I’m just old school and experienced but it bugs the crap out me… just saying.. Maybe it’s just youths (utes) that will someday figure it out.

Ford didn’t get by being a slouch but they had their moments… Sometimes you gotta make a stand..

Rant over…
Yeah boy, I'm old too and see what you did there. :) I agree. Instant gradification seems to be a must with the younger generations of today. And, the real world makes that need quite rough on them.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I'm 59 and have only owned 9 cars, and only 3 brand new. Get this, my wife is 64 and has only owned 2 cars. A 79 VW bug she drove until 2002 (and kept until about 2012), and then a new 2002 Volvo wagon that she still has.

BOB RAD

First Name
BEBO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER
When it comes to cars I’m a German or European kind of guy as they just seem to feel right when I get behind the wheel. Have owned Ford, GMC, Dodge, and Nisan trucks. So no real brand loyalty. My Ranger is probably my last gas powered vehicle and so far I love it....well except for that stupid auto start/stop.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
No brand loyalty here have had more fords than other brands though,they always seemed more solid than most. My only rule is I'll never buy the same vehicle twice. Life is to short for that lol

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
My Dad is retired from ford, so it usually makes good economic sense when buying new to use his discount. I love that the engines in our ranger come from the plant he used to work at. Every new car I or my wife has bought has been a ford, and we have had pretty good luck so far. I have owned a few gm and Jeep vehicles over the years, too.
Sponsored