Best sounding exhaust options?

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hey Katie...listened to all the sound clips. Chose MagnaFlo...if you ease the Ford muffler restriction and straight out the pipe, and use 93 octane fuel - you still increase the power. That's the problem.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
I just installed this Gibson. Part # GPE-69550B, it sounds good and took me about an hour to install with the exception of Gibson shipping me 2 1/4" clamps instead of 2 1/2". Ordered it through realtruck.com and they refunded me what I paid advance to get the correct clamps plus about $10 extra. Just waiting on the rain to subside so I can double-check all the fittings and bolts. It really sounds good when I hammer it. I personally like the way it looks coming from the rear more than I do the side.

exhaust.JPG

exhaust 2.JPG

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I'm just sticking with the stock exhaust here. A loud 4-banger isn't a good thing in my book, haha.
Agreed. Not to mention that, to me, there isn't a single option on the market that doesn't make the Ranger sound like a damn Focus RS and honestly, that's not surprising at all considering the engine. Still, trucks don't sound good with that kind of exhaust note. Subjective? Absolutely.

I really like that look! But what's it sound like...?

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NC National Guard
Agreed. Not to mention that, to me, there isn't a single option on the market that doesn't make the Ranger sound like a damn Focus RS and honestly, that's not surprising at all considering the engine. Still, trucks don't sound good with that kind of exhaust note. Subjective? Absolutely.

I really like that look! But what's it sound like...?
To me, it has a good growl when you first start the truck and when you punch the throttle. I don't really have anything to compare to with the sound, but I do like it. Honestly, I probably could have got the same sound out of anything I upgraded to without doing the muffler delete, but the look is what I really wanted. I considered the muffler delete but the laws in NC state that it isn't allowed from what I could find on google and wasn't sure if I am willing to risk a ticket or not passing inspection.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To me, it has a good growl when you first start the truck and when you punch the throttle. I don't really have anything to compare to with the sound, but I do like it. Honestly, I probably could have got the same sound out of anything I upgraded to without doing the muffler delete, but the look is what I really wanted. I considered the muffler delete but the laws in NC state that it isn't allowed from what I could find on google and wasn't sure if I am willing to risk a ticket or not passing inspection.
Any chance you could get a video?

Reactions: Doc

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have the MBRP exhaust in black. For the price I’m very satisfied. I didn’t want to accentuate a “4 banger” so this was perfect, not to much. Growl when you want it but mild when driving.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He uploaded another one too...this is nice for me as it's not ridiculous like the RS-style systems. I think I may have to go this route. Either that or just have an exhaust shop route my OEM exhaust out the back the same way. I really like that look.

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NC National Guard
He uploaded another one too...this is nice for me as it's not ridiculous like the RS-style systems. I think I may have to go this route. Either that or just have an exhaust shop route my OEM exhaust out the back the same way. I really like that look.

I've only heard it from in the cab so far, but the video doesn't sound as good as what I hear.

Mr D

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Teacher
A little exhaust shop here in El Paso is reasonable so a Iam thinking magnaflow muffler with a resonator delete and adding a black tip.

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
I finally gave up on sound clips. They just all seem to sound alike, and seem to be done at WOT all the time. I wanted some sound, but not loud or drone to me. I have bought other Ford Performance parts for my Ranger and went that way again. The stuff isn’t cheap, but quality and warranty is there. I got lucky and sound is perfect for me. It’s there on acceleration and quiet on cruise.
Thanks for posting this, exactly the info I was looking for. Now I need to decide between chrome and black for my Platinum White. Thanks again.

RRRANGERXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RACE RED RANGER XLT, 2021 TESLA MODEL Y
Have picture of how the split it into two? Also is it close to the spare tire?
sounds good.
mike

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
I'm just sticking with the stock exhaust here. A loud 4-banger isn't a good thing in my book, haha.
Me too. I put cat back dual exhaust Magnaflow on my 2015 2.7 liter F150. Regretted it every day, sounded like a ricer. Swore when I got rid of it l would never do that again. The Ranger is staying nice and quiet
Sponsored