First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
This is the 1st truck I've owned that I cant see at all in my bed from the rearview..

Has anyone changed anything...or...maybe I'm the only one it bugs lol
Sponsored

DVSCYCLES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Which cab and bed? A double cab and a short bed I would think you should not be able to see anything compared to the other combo.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Ya super crew so 5ft bed
On a SuperCab... You can see about 6" down from the top of the tailgate looking at the rear view mirror.

It would be nice to have dual rear camera's... an added one for checking the load in the bed.

OP
OP
BannonJr

BannonJr

First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
In my adrenalin... full 4 door...5ft bed I could see...
Like..I know that everything is tied down fine...but it's the option of not being able to see that bugs me lol.
I'm looking into rear cameras...may just get the dealer to install the front and rear dash cam

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
This is the 1st truck I've owned that I cant see at all in my bed from the rearview..

Has anyone changed anything...or...maybe I'm the only one it bugs lol

Hello Bannon:

Over the years I have owned full size pickups from Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and Toyota and now the mid-size Ranger. I have never been able to see inside the bed on any of the pickups.

A camera installed that is situated to be able to see inside the bed may the helpful to you, but I think it would be best if you just learn to load items into the bed in a secure manner and then trust your workmanship.

Deleted member 1634

I think I'm just curious how you were able to see into the bed on your previous vehicle? What vehicle was it? Was is because the rear window went much lower? Was it because the rear view mirror was higher and at a better angle or something? Was it a regular cab truck or something?

This is my first truck so I guess I just assumed, based on geometry and angles, that you'd never be able to see both into the bed and over the tailgate at the road behind you at the same time. Interesting.

OP
OP
BannonJr

BannonJr

First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
My last truck was an Adrenalin... and the rear windows were much taller... I guess that's why... maybe it's mirror placement also... who knows

Deleted member 1634

My last truck was an Adrenalin... and the rear windows were much taller... I guess that's why... maybe it's mirror placement also... who knows
Interesting. Well I hope you find a solution that works for you. It sucks having an idea in your mind of what you want, but no solution to make it happen.

You could try adding extra camera's that apparently integrate right into the Sync 3 system. I've thought about adding a couple of these for various reasons around the truck and trailer when I'm towing. Haven't tried yet though. Might work for you.

http://www.rostra.com/ford-sync3-blindspot-front-camera.php

OP
OP
BannonJr

BannonJr

First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
Somebody on facebook chimed in... he solved it by just buying a cheap clamp on mirror that he attaches somewhere along the tailgate corner
Sounds like he drilled a hole in the clip and just added it with the tie down bracket bolts...says it works perfect and can tuck it down when not in use.
Pretty simple really
Screenshot_20200728-083340_Amazon Shopping.jpg

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
" Now my friend the first rule of Italian driving, what's behind me, it's not important"

Gumball Rally
Sponsored