Bed Slide / Cargo Slide

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Anyone running a bed slide? And how do you like it?

Trying to decide if a bed slide fits my work flow up north or not. I just finished having 20 acres of heavy brush cleared last season in preparation for this year to follow up on taking down some dead and standing trees, leaners, thinning some trees for health, and putting in a tree house for the nephews and nieces and eventually their kids. It's about a 140ft drop from the top of the property to the bottom and this season I got to get some roads and paths done. I'll be hauling gear up and down from the barn so a bed rack and a bed slide may come in handy getting rigging, saws, gas, etc back and forth without reaching over the edge of the truck constantly scratching it up.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I used one in a work truck for 4 or 5 years.

Worked great in conjuction with a topper.

If heavily loaded they can be a pain if parked up or downhill.

E Monty

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger XLT/‘03 Excursion
Occupation
Sheet Metal Worker
My buddy bought a bare sliding frame for his Tundra for multiple outdoors activities MTB, camping etc. I built an aluminum diamond plate pan for it that took into account the features of a truck bed. It was really nice to slide the entire truck bed out and access it from the rear of the truck. It was a free rolling slide so it was heavy depending on what was in it and what way the truck was angled. It would slide out or in fast so you learn to look for the perfect spot when the slide needed use.

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I've got one.... So far I luv it! I have a LEER camper shell so it's nice to be able to access everything without climbing into the bed all the time. It sits about 4" high so I do lose a little bit of headroom inside the shell but that doesn't bother me, I'm just bringing it up.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I purchased these 56” full extension locking slides in December. Plan to make a low profile slide that is 1/2 the width of the bed. Will also unbolt relatively easily. Need to take final measurements and order up the extruded aluminum I will use for the frame.
Between two separate surgeries, and -40c weather, I have not gone too far with this.
B47269B8-D328-4B4F-A0C7-04C4A92996C4.jpeg

210F2EB0-A053-43C9-A61F-910ACC65494A.jpeg

erty176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Designer
Personal opinion, but building a bed slide instead of going oem might fit your needs better. It will be easier to bolt things into/onto and can make it as sturdy as you like. One idea would be to have smaller drawers on the outsides for small gear and then a rollout middle section instead of having the entire bed section slide out.
Sponsored