Bad dealership experience

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
This is tempting. I hate that this is what it takes to get results though!
In general when dealing with the auto biz nice guys finish last so sometimes you have to lower yourself to the subterranean level of the adversary. what dirtbag of a dealership is it ?
Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Parts are available for this work...they just didn't order them is what I was told. I think too many businesses are using this as an excuse for bad communication and poor customer service.

Have you spoken to other area dealer service departments? Here in western NC, many dealers are experiencing staffing shortages. I'm also reading where many parts are difficult to get; you state the parts needed for your repair are available.

Amicable persistence goes a long way......

OP
OP
TheDillweed

TheDillweed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
The Godfather
Have you spoken to other area dealer service departments? Here in western NC, many dealers are experiencing staffing shortages. I'm also reading where many parts are difficult to get; you state the parts needed for your repair are available.

Amicable persistence goes a long way......

I will be calling other dealers on Monday for sure. I found out yesterday at 4 and woke up pretty salty about it. I didn’t have time to explain in the original post but this isn’t the first time this dealer has screwed up. Fool me once….fool me twice is on me.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Like Steve said there's little you can do today except take it to another dealer if there's one close by. Parts supply are making a huge mess of service visits these days and that's why I decided to fix my own blend door when it broke. The dealer wanted mine for a week just to look at it then another 7-10 days to fix it.
Just an fyi, I may a 22 with missing parts but I have the upgraded blend door. Just say-in ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Parts are available for this work...they just didn't order them is what I was told. I think too many businesses are using this as an excuse for bad communication and poor customer service.
I think you hit the nail on the head right there. Depending on what you're having fixed it may be better just to stick it out until they do fix the problem. If you take it somewhere else it's possible you'll have the same problem. At the least you'll have to start over again, and wait for the new dealer to order the parts. As it's been said, if it's drivable, maybe just pick it up until the part arrives. Then after you leave them a factual Google review, never take it back there again. Good luck, I know how aggravating this can be.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
A well run customer focused business would advise the customer about potential delays such as parts shortages, staff shortages etc and dutifully advise the customer so they are aware and can make an informed decision if they want to proceed. IMO jerking the customer around in the manner described is inexcusable and I wouldn't do business there. And I would flame on social media for both a form of retribution as well as saving others from poor business practices.

OP
OP
TheDillweed

TheDillweed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
The Godfather
Well decided to go pick it up. Took them about 20 minutes to figure out how to close out the service ticket. Had to pay $206 diagnostic fee to get the truck. That will be the last money they ever get from me.

Thank you everyone for the comments and advice.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well decided to go pick it up. Took them about 20 minutes to figure out how to close out the service ticket. Had to pay $206 diagnostic fee to get the truck. That will be the last money they ever get from me.

Thank you everyone for the comments and advice.
Did you ever state to the forum what the service issue with Ranger is? Parts involved?

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Given Ford is moving more to a direct to consumer model, these “dealerships” are essentially just really shitty auto repair shops. Would love to see Ford open up warranty work to other independent shops so these subpar dealerships are forced to step up their game or go out of business.

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Occupation
High School Mathematics Instructor
I recently had A/C work done on my 2021 Ranger. The expansion valve was faulty and in one day, the dealership had the valve delivered and ready to install. The dilemma - the seals/gaskets needed to install the expansion valve were on back order. I first brought my truck in middle of May and finally (end of July) the seals arrived and I was able to have the service completed. It wasn't the dealerships fault, as they have no control over parts that are on back order. Frustrating - yes, but it is what it is. At least they were able to charge my A/C system so I did have A/C, even though it was slowly leaking because of the faulty valve.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
After last week little ordeal at the dealership I won't go back unless it's warrantee work. All I really wanted was them to say they dropped the ball but nooo, it seems to have been my fault for not double checking their work.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
After last week little ordeal at the dealership I won't go back unless it's warrantee work. All I really wanted was them to say they dropped the ball but nooo, it seems to have been my fault for not double checking their work.
I'm reminded of a recent credit card transaction. I typically use less than the recommended 30% of the credit limit and set up auto pay for minimum payments should something happen to me. I typically sign in to the the account each month to adjust the payment to well above the minimum.

Imagine my surprise when I receive an email thanking me for paying the entire card balance! I immediately phoned in, drama was corrected, everything is now well and good.

It pays to be persistent. Present your position to as many relevant people as necessary. This will cement your reputation as someone who is reasonable and doesn't give up. Pays in the long run.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I recently had A/C work done on my 2021 Ranger. The expansion valve was faulty and in one day, the dealership had the valve delivered and ready to install. The dilemma - the seals/gaskets needed to install the expansion valve were on back order. I first brought my truck in middle of May and finally (end of July) the seals arrived and I was able to have the service completed. It wasn't the dealerships fault, as they have no control over parts that are on back order. Frustrating - yes, but it is what it is. At least they were able to charge my A/C system so I did have A/C, even though it was slowly leaking because of the faulty valve.
Can't help but wonder if the leak was caused by a mis-installed Expansion Valve?

I did a bit of research this morning to confirm that Ford had indeed switched back to expansion valves from fixed orifice tubes at an unknown point. For sure in the 5g Ranger application.

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 11.30.39 AM.png
Sponsored