First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
The Godfather
Hey there, just wondering if anyone had some advice on what to do when dealing with a bad dealership? It’s a long story…but the dealership service department has had my truck for a week and keeps dropping the ball.

They forgot to order parts, have not called back, and generally have shown themselves to be unprofessional. I’m in a bad spot because I need my truck back ASAP and right now it seems like the quickest way to get it repaired is to let them keep working on it.

I did call Ford customer service and spoke to an unpleasant lady who said she could help me file a complaint. When I asked her what that would do, she said “basically nothing but then at least it will be logged in our system”.

I guess I just need to vent a little. Any advice or dealer horror stories you have to make me feel better are appreciated!
Sponsored

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco sport. 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Master technician
If your truck is in a drivable condition. Then go somewhere else. Just remember with all these constraints going on. They maybe are just as impatient. And moody as you probably are.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Like Steve said there's little you can do today except take it to another dealer if there's one close by. Parts supply are making a huge mess of service visits these days and that's why I decided to fix my own blend door when it broke. The dealer wanted mine for a week just to look at it then another 7-10 days to fix it.

Carmell269

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electric motor mechanic
Personally if it were me and the truck was drivable, I’d pick it up and take it somewhere else, especially if they haven’t even started on it. It’s a joke when dealers expect an owner to think it’s ok that their vehicle is stuck sitting in a parking lot waiting to be worked on. That being said, I work as a mechanic (not automotive), and get the supply chain BS and the constraints, but it doesn’t prevent us from at least making a good diagnosis and communicating with the customers.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Have you contacted the strong arm, Frank Azar, to see if he might take a metal anguish case.

you might also flame the dealership on social media, some businesses react to this but since it's auto related they likely could give a rat's *ss , but personally I get a degree (small) of satisfaction from flaming inept businesses.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there, just wondering if anyone had some advice on what to do when dealing with a bad dealership? It’s a long story…but the dealership service department has had my truck for a week and keeps dropping the ball.

They forgot to order parts, have not called back, and generally have shown themselves to be unprofessional. I’m in a bad spot because I need my truck back ASAP and right now it seems like the quickest way to get it repaired is to let them keep working on it.

I did call Ford customer service and spoke to an unpleasant lady who said she could help me file a complaint. When I asked her what that would do, she said “basically nothing but then at least it will be logged in our system”.

I guess I just need to vent a little. Any advice or dealer horror stories you have to make me feel better are appreciated!
take it elsewhere, also have you spoke to the actual manager there calling ford is a good step but doesn't do a lot I would follow up with ford themselves again as well as with the manager there also bad reviews usually help to spur action

OP
OP
TheDillweed

TheDillweed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
The Godfather
Like Steve said there's little you can do today except take it to another dealer if there's one close by. Parts supply are making a huge mess of service visits these days and that's why I decided to fix my own blend door when it broke. The dealer wanted mine for a week just to look at it then another 7-10 days to fix it.
Parts are available for this work...they just didn't order them is what I was told. I think too many businesses are using this as an excuse for bad communication and poor customer service.

OP
OP
TheDillweed

TheDillweed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
The Godfather
take it elsewhere, also have you spoke to the actual manager there calling ford is a good step but doesn't do a lot I would follow up with ford themselves again as well as with the manager there also bad reviews usually help to spur action
Manager has not been available so I will be calling daily until he is I guess.

OP
OP
TheDillweed

TheDillweed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
The Godfather
Have you contacted the strong arm, Frank Azar, to see if he might take a metal anguish case.

you might also flame the dealership on social media, some businesses react to this but since it's auto related they likely could give a rat's *ss , but personally I get a degree (small) of satisfaction from flaming inept businesses.
This is tempting. I hate that this is what it takes to get results though!
Sponsored