Backup Camera’s Dynamic Hitch Assist Mode?

Seaaggie

First Name
Orrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Edge / 19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Could someone post a pic or vid of the ‘dynamic hitch assist’ that’s supposed to help align to the trailer hitch? Just curious to see this in action - or determine if it’s just the back-up camera...
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Could someone post a pic or vid of the ‘dynamic hitch assist’ that’s supposed to help align to the trailer hitch? Just curious to see this in action - or determine if it’s just the back-up camera...
The only thing that is similar to F150 Dynamic Hitch Assist, is that the black dotted line will curve the direction you turn the wheel and that's it for guidance in backing up to a trailer.
There's no zoom and I've never seen it listed as a function on the Ranger. YouTube has many F150 videos going over dynamic hitch assist.
The owners manual has the camera lines listed under the Parking Aids section, page 171-176 to give you more information on it.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...l-quick-reference-guide-packaging-guide.1071/

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
If you hit the + on the ranger backup screen it zooms

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you hit the + on the ranger backup screen it zooms
I just checked and there is not a "+" while the rear camera is activated.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked and there is not a "+" while the rear camera is activated.
ah, I restarted my vehicle again and now the + came up in the left upper part of the screen and the zoom does work, interesting, maybe need to let the system boot all the way up for it to activate.

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
ah, I restarted my vehicle again and now the + came up in the left upper part of the screen and the zoom does work, interesting, maybe need to let the system boot all the way up for it to activate.
I can see my hitch receiver and the ball without doing anything what else does one need. Just curious.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I can see my hitch receiver and the ball without doing anything what else does one need. Just curious.
Nothing, I use my backup camera on my work pick up w/ no issues and the one on the Ranger looks very similar. I have yet to need to hook up to a trailer but I don't think it's going to be an issue.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Zoom might be beneficial to those with the smaller screen of the basic SYNC system.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Actually, I was able to hitch up my 18' FG Boat all by myself with no issues and no backup cam with my '02 Ranger. I just aimed to center the bow of the boat and backed up till I hit the trailer tongue then pulled forward a shade. The BU Camera almost seems like cheating...lol...

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You just backup towards trailer till you hit it then get out and look at it. Adjust as needed. No problemo. :)
unfortunately, some of my guys at work do just that, I ask them all the time "How in the heck did you get a dent in your license plate" and they just shrug their shoulders. :headbang:

gkendrick

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
unfortunately, some of my guys at work do just that, I ask them all the time "How in the heck did you get a dent in your license plate" and they just shrug their shoulders. :headbang:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone looked into getting a replacement OEM rear camera yet? I ask because I'll be installing a slide-in pop-up camper soon and that means removing the tailgate, and thus will be losing the tailgate's backup camera. Most folks in this situation with Tacomas and Colorados simply mount an aftermarket or OEM camera onto the camper, and connect it to the original camera's harness plug.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Zoom might be beneficial to those with the smaller screen of the basic SYNC system.
I don't think the smaller screen has the zoom capability since it is not a touch screen.

Srgraham1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL STX
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think the smaller screen has the zoom capability since it is not a touch screen.
The basic sync screen does zoom despite not being a touch screen. No issues hitching up on my own.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
The basic sync screen does zoom despite not being a touch screen. No issues hitching up on my own.
How do you make it zoom? I have not figured it out yet.
Sponsored