First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I have the "auto lock" and "auto unlock" turned on in the door lock settings via the gauge cluster, but it does not automatically unlock the doors when it should. The manual says the doors should automatically unlock when the transmission is shifted into park, but mine definitely does not do that. I have made some changes using FORSCAN, but nothing door lock related was changed. I can go back to the stock configuration and see if that changes anything. Has anyone else experienced this? It's really annoying when I park the Ranger, get out, and need to get in a back door or the tailgate, but they're all still locked.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the "auto lock" and "auto unlock" turned on in the door lock settings via the gauge cluster, but it does not automatically unlock the doors when it should. The manual says the doors should automatically unlock when the transmission is shifted into park, but mine definitely does not do that. I have made some changes using FORSCAN, but nothing door lock related was changed. I can go back to the stock configuration and see if that changes anything. Has anyone else experienced this? It's really annoying when I park the Ranger, get out, and need to get in a back door or the tailgate, but they're all still locked.
Hi Troy,

I cannot say for sure, but try a double pull...this is the European childproof lock feature. I dislike it but understand its function.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Hi Troy,

I cannot say for sure, but try a double pull...this is the European childproof lock feature. I dislike it but understand its function.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
The driver's door unlocks and opens with 1 pull of the inside door handle. All the doors are supposed to automatically unlock when shifting to park, and it just doesn't work.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
The driver's door unlocks and opens with 1 pull of the inside door handle. All the doors are supposed to automatically unlock when shifting to park, and it just doesn't work.
Did you solve this ?

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
I don’t think it was a problem? Where does the manual say the doors unlock when you put into Park? I don’t see it.

(Personally I wouldn’t want that feature anyways, I’m good with the default settings.)

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
If you have the Double Honk disabled via Forscan, the auto lock/unlock stops working properly. So far no one has found a way to get it to work with the honk disabled. The touch to lock/unlock still works perfectly on all handles from outside the truck. To do the touch lock, just lightly press the door handle on or near the indention next to the key hole. This will lock the doors for you. It works with nearly any part of your body as long as you have the key on you. So now when I get out, I give my truck a fist bump.

The only auto locking feature that will work with the Double Honk shut off is Auto Relock With Timer. When this is enabled the truck will relock the doors after 45 seconds if they are unlocked via the key fob as long as no door was opened during that time period.

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
If you have the Double Honk disabled via Forscan, the auto lock/unlock stops working properly. So far no one has found a way to get it to work with the honk disabled. The touch to lock/unlock still works perfectly on all handles from outside the truck. To do the touch lock, just lightly press the door handle on or near the indention next to the key hole. This will lock the doors for you. It works with nearly any part of your body as long as you have the key on you. So now when I get out, I give my truck a fist bump.

The only auto locking feature that will work with the Double Honk shut off is Auto Relock With Timer. When this is enabled the truck will relock the doors after 45 seconds if they are unlocked via the key fob as long as no door was opened during that time period.
I definitely have the double honk disabled via Forscan, so I guess maybe this is the reason.

VICFLO92

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger/ Chevy traverse
Occupation
Oil field
I was having this problem on my 2021 ranger tremor. The auto lock was working, the auto unlock wasn't. I turned all lock functions off and drove around running errands. When I left the store I turned all auto lock functions back on and all auto settings started working. When I open my driver door all doors unlock and I get two honks. I had seen in another post someone had said the truck needs to be in park and off for auto unlock to work but mine worked in park and truck running. Hope this helps someone. Also I seen someone had said auto unlock was controlled by the shifter, mine was controlled by the drivers door being opened.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I'd like to see the tailgate lock operate with the door locks. I haven't modified my locking scheme but wonder if there is a FORSCAN setting to unlock the bed when the passenger doors unlock. Right now it's a separate action?

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I'd like to see the tailgate lock operate with the door locks. I haven't modified my locking scheme but wonder if there is a FORSCAN setting to unlock the bed when the passenger doors unlock. Right now it's a separate action?
Not sure what you mean, my tailgate unlocks with the doors.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
The tailgate does automatically lock and unlock with the doors. If the truck configured where you have to push the unlock button twice on the remote, once for the driver door, once for the rest, then the tailgate will unlock with the rest.

1637597003279.png

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
in the Dash settings there is a switch for unlock driver door, or all doors with a push of your remotes button.

the all doors unlocks the tailgate. you push twice to unlock all doors and tailgate if you have it set to driver door first.

I unlock all the doors as I have kids and car seats and it makes life a lot easier.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Apparently - due to previous experiences I have the all doors unlock disabled. And here is the child proof rear door lock:
16376002527126691847850900546541.jpg

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
If I put my Ranger in park running, only the driver door unlocks when I open it. If I turn the truck off, all doors unlock when I open the driver's door, including the tailgate. With the remote, two presses of unlock unlocks all doors and tailgate. Is this what people are seeing, can this be altered somehow? And why?
Sponsored