Auto Folding Mirror Mod Install Instructions - Pictures/Video

RangerRanger13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
This is correct. I had doubts myself and confirmed it with @j0shm1lls who wired his correctly. He also posted the correct way to wire it in the thread and mentioned it in a post.

Wish it would have been corrected!
Can you explain what you mean why it’s incorrect? If I interpret correctly, the blue fuse in the picture should be pointing up when corrected. Can you provide the link where @j0shm1lls posted the correct way?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Can you explain what you mean why it’s incorrect? If I interpret correctly, the blue fuse in the picture should be pointing up when corrected. Can you provide the link where @j0shm1lls posted the correct way?
Correct is pointed in the other direction. I never bothered to take new picutres. It was discussed in the thread.

petulantskeptic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat
I wonder if anyone else is having this happen... I set mine up to cycle on lock and unlock (rather than lock and power up) but when I remote start the truck the drivers side mirror will unfold and the passenger side will remain folded. If I use the dash button and cycle them it fixes it, but seems like a very weird quirk. It's happening consistently too.

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
Installed this over the weekend, works perfectly. Thanks for putting this together and the great installation write ups.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
I wonder if anyone else is having this happen... I set mine up to cycle on lock and unlock (rather than lock and power up) but when I remote start the truck the drivers side mirror will unfold and the passenger side will remain folded. If I use the dash button and cycle them it fixes it, but seems like a very weird quirk. It's happening consistently too.
I'd make sure the connection to the little black box is fully seated...

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry i missed this.. the correct @j0shm1lls way.
82A7F67B-767C-4018-9D3A-565E9AC0109C.jpeg

Allen_rubin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
I am having this same problem as well :/

petulantskeptic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat
I am having this same problem as well :/
To be super clear, it works flawlessly and never has this hiccup when locking/unlocking it triggers appropriately.

When I remote start it, about 75% of the time it will only cycle the driver's mirror to unfolded. Doesn't seem to matter if I remote start it with the key fob or with the iPhone app. It's very perplexing because it's not 100% failure rate with remote start, every once in awhile it will cycle both mirrors open upon remote start. It's not bothersome enough to pull out a multimeter and try to figure out current timing on the lock/unlock wires, but I think that they must both get hot during the process and it sends confusing signals to the mirror control module.

Allen_rubin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
To be super clear, it works flawlessly and never has this hiccup when locking/unlocking it triggers appropriately.

When I remote start it, about 75% of the time it will only cycle the driver's mirror to unfolded. Doesn't seem to matter if I remote start it with the key fob or with the iPhone app. It's very perplexing because it's not 100% failure rate with remote start, every once in awhile it will cycle both mirrors open upon remote start. It's not bothersome enough to pull out a multimeter and try to figure out current timing on the lock/unlock wires, but I think that they must both get hot during the process and it sends confusing signals to the mirror control module.
Yea maybe, it is only when I remote start I have the issue. Sometimes I don’t catch it until i go to switch lanes and realize at night that I can’t see a thing lol

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I've never used remote start. I can't attest to this condition.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I've had my module installed and working great for 4 months now. My mirrors close when the truck is locked and open when the engine starts. I use remote start in the mornings and I've noticed that a few times now the passenger mirror does not open. I can push the manual button and the drivers mirror will close, then push the button again, and both open fine. It has only done this in the mornings, which are a bit cooler now, around 45 F. I use remote start all the time and has has only failed on the first attempt in the morning using remote start and only the passenger side.

First, I do not think this has anything to do with the module, otherwise we would see issues with both mirrors and not just one. My guess is this is a motor issue with the passenger mirror. I bet these are going to be one of those items that just needs to replaced from time to time. What sucks is I would have to remove the module and then get it to fail, then take it to Ford. That would be hard to do, given the truck mirrors do not change position by default when using remote start, meaning I cannot demonstrate the issue to Ford. If they close and open with the factor button, Ford will say all is good. I do not know if this has anything to do with Remote start.

Has anyone had this issue with the passenger mirror when using remote start?

Anyone know how hard it is to just replace the mirror motor?

Thanks!

Allen_rubin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
I've had my module installed and working great for 4 months now. My mirrors close when the truck is locked and open when the engine starts. I use remote start in the mornings and I've noticed that a few times now the passenger mirror does not open. I can push the manual button and the drivers mirror will close, then push the button again, and both open fine. It has only done this in the mornings, which are a bit cooler now, around 45 F. I use remote start all the time and has has only failed on the first attempt in the morning using remote start and only the passenger side.

First, I do not think this has anything to do with the module, otherwise we would see issues with both mirrors and not just one. My guess is this is a motor issue with the passenger mirror. I bet these are going to be one of those items that just needs to replaced from time to time. What sucks is I would have to remove the module and then get it to fail, then take it to Ford. That would be hard to do, given the truck mirrors do not change position by default when using remote start, meaning I cannot demonstrate the issue to Ford. If they close and open with the factor button, Ford will say all is good. I do not know if this has anything to do with Remote start.

Has anyone had this issue with the passenger mirror when using remote start?

Anyone know how hard it is to just replace the mirror motor?

Thanks!
It’s not the window motor, I’m thinking it has to do with the power being sent to the mirror upon the remote start. It works everytime I start with the key, only have the issue with the remote start. ‍♂

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
It’s not the window motor, I’m thinking it has to do with the power being sent to the mirror upon the remote start. It works everytime I start with the key, only have the issue with the remote start. ‍♂
Does your fail to open every time you use remote start? Mine does not.

I use remote start every day and have since I installed the mod 4 months ago. The issue with my passenger mirror not opening only started a few weeks ago and it has only done it 3x. All of the other times both mirrors open fine with remote start. Seems my results are different than yours.

If true about remote start causing this, it's weird that power doesn't reach the passenger mirror in time to get the open signal when remote starting. Not sure there is a fix for this. That said, pushing the button to make it open only takes a second. I was thinking the motor was going bad because of the inconsistent results.
Sponsored