First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
@RCMUSTANG
Mine is configured to unfold on ignition. The problem happens if I remote start it (via key fob or via app) and it's cold, probably 45 or lower. Most commonly happens in the morning. It's also not 100% of the time that it's cold, though it is most of the time (probably 80% when it's cold and I remote start).

Has only happened to my driver side mirror, passenger mirror always unfolds appropriately on unlock. Cycling the fold switch on the dashboard fixes it with 100% reliability.
Sponsored

FordRangerFX4

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 2020
Hey RCMUSTANG, will this work with the new 2020 ford ranger fx4 model?
Do I have to cut wires for the installation?

TIA

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Hey RCMUSTANG, will this work with the new 2020 ford ranger fx4 model?
Do I have to cut wires for the installation?

TIA
It should be exactly the same as I don't think they'll change anything with thr next model coming out but I don't know anyone that has a 20 that's installed one

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
So i currently using the dash button to fold my mirrors (i am on the group buy list), yesterday i pushed the button to unfold them and only one operated (cant remember which think it was the passenger), today when parking i pushed the button again and only the passenger folded. It look like the driver wanted to but didn't. Had to push the button twice and both folded. I am in Houston, and while the temps did dip below 40 today, my truck is garaged, ambient is about 50-60, and the drive to the bus station is 10 minutes. odd that it would hang up. truck is going in anyway for an oil change and possible re-do of the dealer installed tint (3 month old and it is bubbling). going to have them look at the mirrors too. as some stated in other threads, i am going to record todays events for proof.

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
Reading through this but have two quick questions for clarification.
The add-a-fuse connects into the fuse box at position 29 or 30? The instructions on the first post says 30 but the picture looks like position 29.
The add-a-fuse has both a 30A and 10A fuse plugged into it? 30A below 10A on top

RangerRanger13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I need everyone who has the unfolding issue to post a reply with your unfold option (ignition or unlock), when it happens (remote start with either fob or app, approximate temp, how often), and everything opens and closes properly with factory switch. I'm going back and forth with thr vendor and they with the factory to try and get this solved. So, far I'm counting 6 or 7 people.
Just experienced this issue. It was on unlock triggered from door handle. Temp was 40 degrees Fahrenheit in the morning. Right passenger mirror failed to unfold. It opened after I pushed the manual button.

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
Original Thread Here: Auto Folding Mirrors

Auto folding mirrors. Folds closed when you lock the truck. Unfolds when you power up the truck. Regular operation with stock switch. 20 minute install.
The switch bezel pops right off.
Unplug the connector.
Plug the module in between the switch and connector.
Tuck everything inside.
I used an add a tap to #30 for the constant for the red wire.
Connect the blue wire to the thick gray with brown stripe (lock).
Stick the module on the inside of the left side of the dash and tied up all the wiring. Close up fuse panel and you're done.

NOTE: THE ADD A TAPS SHOULD GAVE THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION THAN PICTURED.
20190322_153420.jpg
20190322_153547.jpg
20190322_153727.jpg
20190322_155523.jpg
20190322_155515.jpg
Thanks, first of all, for all this good information. It took me more than 20 minutes, but mostly because I was afraid of maring the dash panel.

I do not think I could have solved this as quickly without your pictures and advice.

So, thanks, again, for your help.

Last edited:

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Got mine installed. After going to 2 AutoZone, 2 advance auto parts, and an O'Reilly's I gave up on the add a tap. Why must this truck use such new fuses, of the 5 stores only 1 had actual fuses. So I went with the vampire tap and one of my posi-taps, note order more posi-taps, and everything went great! Thanks RCMustang!

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Everything worked last night, this morning it did not unfold. Time to check all the connections.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
Everything worked last night, this morning it did not unfold. Time to check all the connections.
Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted.

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Checked everything and the power wire came loose. I pulled the harness to get a better grasp on the vehicle power line. Mirrors folks and unfold as they should, but now my auto up/down windows so not work and my truck will not go into start/stop due to "vehicle charging". Help

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Had to reset the ont-touch window, bring windows all the way up, press the up button for 2 seconds, press the up bottom angain for another 2 seconds. Now on to why SS isn't working. I really don't mind if it isn't working, just worried if there is a drain on the battery that is causing the deactivation of it.

Flapilot

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Install done today. Works great.

Had to reset my one touch window switch, I assume because I removed the entire wire harness for easier access to the lock wire.
Sponsored