Are Tailgate Dampeners Frowned On Around Here?

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
paying for it afterword's it for sure isn't!!
The difference is (a free clue) if you want it then you pay, if I dont need it then I dont have to pay. No socialization for me!
Sponsored

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Well, after I installed mine, Reese Witherspoon came out of nowhere and gave me a kiss on the cheek. So there's that.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Even without a damper...

A redhead, a brunette, and a blonde were cruising around in a pickup truck
As they were crossing a bridge, they lost control of the truck and it plunged into the river below. The redhead quickly opened her door and swam to the surface. The brunette's door was stuck, but she was able to roll down the window and also swam to the surface. The blonde unfortunately drowned - she couldn't get the tailgate down.

OP
OP
Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
First of all Glock gen3 23 is about my fave firearm of all time. Its like it was made just for me...
I dont mind a dampener that actually works, I've seen too many bad ones and the gate on my Ranger is amazingly light compared to my '09 ram. So i personally have no need for it...
I started out on a GLOCK 22 (.40cal) and I still own it after the gun was retired (bought it from the gun supplier my agency sold it to). One of my most favorites is the GLOCK 19. Fine shooting gun and great carry piece! My other favorite is what I'm issued right now!!!! GLOCK 34 MOS with Trijicon RMR6 mounted up!!! This is what I'm carrying everyday on duty:
r-KwQbgJ4wgTtss5AqIxSCZs80zAd-43WMgfS3t2RXA.jpg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I started out on a GLOCK 22 (.40cal) and I still own it after the gun was retired (bought it from the gun supplier my agency sold it to). One of my most favorites is the GLOCK 19. Fine shooting gun and great carry piece! My other favorite is what I'm issued right now!!!! GLOCK 34 MOS with Trijicon RMR6 mounted up!!! This is what I'm carrying everyday on duty:
r-KwQbgJ4wgTtss5AqIxSCZs80zAd-43WMgfS3t2RXA.jpg
Daaaannnngggg!

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
I deliver Meals on Wheels a couple a times a week and work out of the truck bed. The damper sure makes it nice for frequent openings, I pop the handle and reach to the first cooler while it's going down and access the 2nd cooler when it's completely down, each client gets a hot meal and a cold bag with milk bread and fruit. One client lives down a road that frequently floods and was up close to my floorboards the other day, cant wait for a real test. I just read the Brazil Ranger has a 39.5 inch wading depth, not sure what the US models are rated at.

OP
OP
Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I deliver Meals on Wheels a couple a times a week and work out of the truck bed. The damper sure makes it nice for frequent openings, I pop the handle and reach to the first cooler while it's going down and access the 2nd cooler when it's completely down, each client gets a hot meal and a cold bag with milk bread and fruit. One client lives down a road that frequently floods and was up close to my floorboards the other day, cant wait for a real test. I just read the Brazil Ranger has a 39.5 inch wading depth, not sure what the US models are rated at.
Thank you for helping your community!

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
I retired from the PD a few years ago (Sgt) and I carry this now.
IMG_2854.JPG

Comes in handy for picking and scratching and I don't have to worry about blowing my hat off my head. But yeah, the 19 was my favorite too.
dude watch where you are pointing that thing! and for godsakes keep it clean [earwax]... :)

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
I want to get one, the Aussie model has a steel tailgate, it weighs a TON and comes down fast. One handed opening must be done with extreme care. On the other hand it's very strong.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I like them so much I put one on each side! ?
Sponsored