retired
Yes, I'm NOT using it.
Sponsored

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I do when I go on trips or up north in the woods. We get pretty deep into the north woods.
The trucks Wi-Fi seems far better than my phone. When My phone can not connect or sketchy the trucks still can. I am guessing far better antenna than in a phone.

Matter of fact when we are up there Everyone turns their phone to my trucks hotspot.

P-38Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I do when I go on trips or up north in the woods. We get pretty deep into the north woods.
The trucks Wi-Fi seems far better than my phone. When My phone can not connect or sketchy the trucks still can. I am guessing far better antenna than in a phone.

Matter of fact when we are up there Everyone turns their phone to my trucks hotspot.
What is he range of their phones to the truck? 20-100 feet?

ranger7424

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
It's AT&T service which at best is the lower end of Crap. Its responsible for the missed start and unlock using Ford Pass.
I live in Phoenix Metro and AT&T has been one of the worst Carriers here, even T-Mobile outstrips them.

k_teven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone not use the wifi hotspot? Should I just get unlimited data plan? I have unlimited calls but only so much data per month to use.

Dealership didn’t activate the vehicle SIM card and it sounds like it’s going to be a PITA for them to do it. ?‍♂
I don't use it for anything. Related though, I use the Navigation and found that the Ford Website does not allow me to update my 2022 Ranger maps.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I don't use it for anything. Related though, I use the Navigation and found that the Ford Website does not allow me to update my 2022 Ranger maps.
Maybe there's not an update available for your 2022?

k_teven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe there's not an update available for your 2022?
Maybe...it's hard to believe though that every other format (cell phone, stand-alone GPS, PC, etc) would show the new bridges here and my truck doesn't.

donsmith

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Television cameraman and video editor
Anyone not use the wifi hotspot?
I tried the Hotspot on a 200 mile trip. I used a different road to and returning from the distant city. The signal was unreliable and intermittent on both the main highway going and the secondary road returning. Besides, who needs to pay $20 extra a month when your cellphone can produce a hotpot on demand that works better?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Maybe...it's hard to believe though that every other format (cell phone, stand-alone GPS, PC, etc) would show the new bridges here and my truck doesn't.
it's pretty normal; auto nav maps tend to always be years out of date

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone not use the wifi hotspot? Should I just get unlimited data plan? I have unlimited calls but only so much data per month to use.

Dealership didn’t activate the vehicle SIM card and it sounds like it’s going to be a PITA for them to do it. ?‍♂

UPDATE:: hotspot now suddenly works AFTER I spent all weekend downloading songs to a flash drive. ?????‍♂??
I never use it. Instead I just plug my recent iPhone into a usb port. I am too dumb to know why anyone would use the truck for wifi. The wifi will be only as fast as the built in connection can go. My iphone has 5g, pretty fast. Downside is 5g can burn thru a lot of data in a shorter time. I don't use my phone to watch movies or stream anything. I have about 3000 songs from CD's saved to my phone itunes using ITunes ALAC / mp4 lossless encoding. Tons of room left on the phone. BTW USB Connect preserves music fidelity very well. BlueTooth compresses the crap out of it.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I never use it. Instead I just plug my recent iPhone into a usb port. I am too dumb to know why anyone would use the truck for wifi.
As was stated before, Ranger 4g antenna on the roof is superior in fringe areas. I also know from experience.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
It's AT&T service which at best is the lower end of Crap. Its responsible for the missed start and unlock using Ford Pass.
I live in Phoenix Metro and AT&T has been one of the worst Carriers here, even T-Mobile outstrips them.
It is just the opposite in the rural area of Missouri where I live, especially in the small town I am in. T Mobile and Sprint will not work at all within city limits. People with those carriers have to go outside of the city limits to get any kind of signal. And there is a US Cellular tower here and their service is still very spotty. AT&T works all of the time here and the closest tower is 4-5 miles away.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

I had At&t for my Colorado too and never had a issue but I do all the time on my Ranger.

That said ATT is terrible service but it is not the problem here. With some it maybe if you have no signal obviously it will not work and that will be the same for any service.

Ford needs to work on this. Every new car has a app and this technology and out of all we have had Ford is the worst. The wife has a Tuscan with ATT no issues.

Last edited:

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
I hated when AT&T bought out Cingular because my service went from Grade A to F overnight. To say T-Mobile beats them is a serious insult too since T-Mobile absolutely sucks. I had Sprint when they were bought out and my phone Signal went to crap almost overnight. I had to have Wifi in my apt complex or I couldn't make a call after the buy out. The moment my contract was up I ditched them. I took their customer exit survey and let's just say it wasn't a 5, 4, 3, or 2 star review either.
Sponsored