Anyone else's front doors not sit flush with rear doors?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I kind of just ignored it since for a while, but starting to bug me. I know there are some trucks making it out the factory with hood alignment issues anyone else having problems with the doors?

Both my front doors, when completely shut stick out about a quarter inch from the rear doors.
Sponsored

KevinG

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Business owner
The F150's years back had some of these issues. You can talk to your dealer and have them make you an appointment to take it to a reputable body shop to have them aligned. Just make sure the door seals are tight, no leaks and no wind noise or rattles. My doors sit pretty flush, maybe out 1/8" on drivers side, I can live with that.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jack, I agree with Kevin. Mustangs had the hood problem a couple years back, and the wife's Mustang had the hood off to the tight. The dealer took care of the problem before we picked it up. Stop by your dealers body shop, and talk with them. They may be able to say some words that make you comfortable with letting them line your doors. I understand how things like that can bother folks. With my "little things" OCD they drive me nuts. :)

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
My fronts are out slightly further. Figured it will keep stones from hitting the leading edge of the rear doors.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I kind of just ignored it since for a while, but starting to bug me. I know there are some trucks making it out the factory with hood alignment issues anyone else having problems with the doors?

Both my front doors, when completely shut stick out about a quarter inch from the rear doors.
Hi Jack,

Should be adjustable to fix your concern....mine are perfect on both sides...Ā¼" is excessive and never should have made it past the final line QC.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Ole.Jaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
I have the super cab and my rear door was out of alignment so bad that it rubbed paint off the pillar when opened. Dealer fixed that for me. Its still a little closer than Iā€™m happy with but itā€™s not rubbing. Iā€™ve just noticed my hood is out of alignment a tad to the passenger side. Iā€™m hoping I can fix it myself. Iā€™ve only had the truck for a month. Piss poor QA from Ford. Never owned a vehicle with this problem.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ė‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2

haha. Of course. This is a feature. Worldwide! Remember: u bought a truck. a truck build by FORD. So donā€˜t be that petty:wink:
Sponsored