Anyone else get laid off in this pandemic?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I got laid off on Friday, I'm a contract engineer and my contract ran out, and due to the current state of affairs my new one couldn't start like was planned. I've been on the phone all morning looking for something new.
Sponsored

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I am considered vital to the infrastructure so I won't be getting laid off. We did shut down the office and I have everyone set up to work remotely and just head to the office when I need something from our file room.

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear it guys.
I begin my work at home tomorrow since I live in Ohio (but work in Kentucky)
Everything is just unprecedented at this time.

I Truck Naked

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Jaguar / Land Rover Senior Technician
My job is considered essential, so I'm at work thankfully, but there's not much going on in the way of work to do.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think I'm in danger of losing my job, at least assuming this is over in a month or two, but when the economy tanks like this you sure start having those thoughts. My company should be big enough to get through it mostly intact.

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I'm retired, but several thousand have been laid off in Houston the last 2 weeks just in the oil and gas business (where I used to be), I don't know if you could even count the number of service employees laid off here right now.

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
my mrs (steak house waitress) got bounced last week .I got the wack today I am prepared for work loss (prepper at heart) and have what I need for whatever time frame. I do however have grandkids whos parents NEED their jobs. I fear not for myself but for the future of these kids .you cant just shut down a country!!!

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
good luck to all you guys (an gals) getting pinched by this. I deliver mail an we will probably keep going regardless of other shut downs. One of my boys is an engineer for an auto supplier an they are working from home an only working 4 days a week an taking a 20% pay cut

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
you cant just shut down a country!!!

agreed. I think an hope after 14 days of seeing how this is going we will figure out what happens next. We have the advantage of seeing what happened in China an Italy an kinda know what to do an what not to do....there will be riots in the streets if they keep everything closed for more than 3 weeks.

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
you cant just shut down a country!!!

agreed. I think an hope after 14 days of seeing how this is going we will figure out what happens next. We have the advantage of seeing what happened in China an Italy an kinda know what to do an what not to do....there will be riots in the streets if they keep everything closed for more than 3 weeks.
my wifes restaurant pays 5000k a month in rent and 20k in taxes to state meat suppliers jambed up .theese politicains though may mean good, have no idea the damage they are doing they think everyone is just going o start up again in a month lol!! going to get interesting real soon.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I am so sorry for all of those laid off. My wife and I are both retired, so we won't be affected as much as you folks still in your working years. Based on what I've seen, shutting down the country may be the only thing that will help to bring this crisis to an end. That's basically what they had to do in China. If it does come to that, and I pray that it won't, everybody will definitely feel it.

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
I am so sorry for all of those laid off. My wife and I are both retired, so we won't be affected as much as you folks still in your working years. Based on what I've seen, shutting down the country may be the only thing that will help to bring this crisis to an end. That's basically what they had to do in China. If it does come to that, and I pray that it won't, everybody will definitely feel it.
if shutting it down does work they are then going to have to deal with he economic virus to follow !!and they have proven they cant!! CONNECTICUT was already in trouble with the pensions and high taxes!! BANKRUPCY will be the only way out!!

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I still am employed.. but if oil stays in the $20s for to long that could change in a few months.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
if shutting it down does work they are then going to have to deal with he economic virus to follow !!and they have proven they cant!! CONNECTICUT was already in trouble with the pensions and high taxes!! BANKRUPCY will be the only way out!!
I came to this conclusion after reading how South Korea dealt with the virus. The article is on MSN.
Sponsored