First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That is certainly some encouraging news for sure. In my car ordering experiences I feel the MIC top was the huge hold up in building Broncos. If Ford can get beyond that problem the other constraints shouldn't be so devastating too production. There should be a good number of builds as work arounds for the LUX, 2.7L, and tow package constraints. Of course that's a SWAG as nothing about this Bronco launch has happened as expected.
Yes it made me feel a little better reading this and I do trust Ross as he's been upfront and honest in every one of his posts. Personally I wouldn't care if I was shipped one of these defective tops until they fix this mess. At least they don't leak and you'd get your Bronco sooner but I'm sure it's not something Ford wants to deal with even though Webasto is footing the bill. I guess we'll see what happens over the next few weeks. ?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Someone with some deep pockets already repainted their new Bronco Epic Orange Pearl. Now this is what I would've expected with a name like Cyber Orange.

If anyone has Instagram you can see and read more under @chronic_broncitis and if there's any more good pics/info please post as I don't do any social media.

Edit: From B6G..."They stripped it down and did it right! You can see the process and progress on @chronic_bronitis Instagram page."

Epic Orange Pearl 2021 Bronco repainted custom paint job 1.jpg

Epic Orange Pearl 2021 Bronco repainted custom paint job 2.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jim what do think of a painted white top? I think it would really give it that retro look.
I agree. I tried holding out for the MOD top until it was pushed to '23, so I'm dropping back to the MIC. Since we're going with Area 51 on our OBX I've been thinking hard about taking it to my body shop guy for a price check on a white top. I've always like the Powder Blue/White Top early Broncos That is if we ever get a MIC top......:)

BTW, I think I can get the top painted cheaper than what Ford will price their painted tops from the factory.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
It's funny, I got my Ranger and "accessorized" for the purpose to which it is for, plus a few extra things I didn't know I needed. Thanks to this site and don't ask me how much I have spent.

Although with the Bronco I ordered, I am liking the way I ordered it and do not feel the need to go to town like I did with the Ranger. Maybe it is because I got to choose what I wanted on the order and not what was on the lot at the time with the Ranger? Just digging the clean stock look.

That may change, but for now... My dealer got their mannequins, so the appointment has been made to go down and play around and see how difficult the wife acceptance factor will be.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Great look at the Bronco doing the Rubicon trail. Loren Healy who helped develop the Bronco has his own aftermarket company and is testing their new suspension, sliders, and front and rear bumpers. I really like the front and rear bumpers and will be looking into these once they're out. Really shows you why sliders are necessary and rear lockers.

Also impressive is watching his 15 year old daughter in the RTR Ranger. Long video but worth watching.If you want to skip all the talking and go right to the Rubicon trail at the 13:00 mark.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here's the website for Loren Healey's site Fun-Haver. They're still in pre-production but looks like they're hoping to have them in production by the 4th quarter. One necessary item would be the shock guards as the hand down below the rear Dif. I already signed up for their mailing list. :curse:

https://www.fun-haver.com/pages/fun-haver-bronco

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A sea of Broncos waiting for?

From B6G

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Well apparently if you have an unscheduled hardtop you will be getting a ‘22. I guess not entirely surprising.

Just crazy the hiccups this launch has seen. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Well apparently if you have an unscheduled hardtop you will be getting a ‘22. I guess not entirely surprising.

Just crazy the hiccups this launch has seen. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.
I'm hoping things will smooth out for the auto makers soon. But, it does seem it's going to go on forever. An old friend is the owner of our local GM dealer, and she only has 23 new cars on her lot with 11 being trucks. This mess is killing the dealership owners.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I'm hoping things will smooth out for the auto makers soon. But, it does seem it's going to go on forever. An old friend is the owner of our local GM dealer, and she only has 23 new cars on her lot with 11 being trucks. This mess is killing the dealership owners.
23 is crazy.

The dealer I always buy from has 70ish but once you click into what they have I’d say 30 are actually something most people would walk in and buy (edge, Explorer, escape). They used to have nearly 200 in stock.

There’s also a Hyundai dealer that uses the back of a target lot for storage. It was full beginning of year. It’s probably half as full now.
Sponsored