First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport Extended Cab
Occupation
Retired
I looked at one on the Ford Dealer show room while waiting to finish the deal on my 2020 Ranger Lariet last month. It looked nice, with tons of options. To me it was much smaller than I would have expected. It is obvious it was built to compete with the Jeep Wrangler. However, I doubt former and current Jeep customers would jump ship.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I looked at one on the Ford Dealer show room while waiting to finish the deal on my 2020 Ranger Lariet last month. It looked nice, with tons of options. To me it was much smaller than I would have expected. It is obvious it was built to compete with the Jeep Wrangler. However, I doubt former and current Jeep customers would jump ship.
That was most likely the Bronco Sport which is smaller than the full size one. The full size Broncos aren't even in production yet they're just now in the ordering process through March 18th and production starts May 3rd. Not the best picture but you can see the Sport on the left next to the full size Bronco. A local dealer had them here back in December before the off road show they were sponsoring.

IMG_3421.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Kind of hard to wrap and disguise this big beast. lol

2022 Warthog Ford Bronco in Moab. Ford Bronco Raptor Test Mule

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Hard to tell with all that camouflage if it packs a tailgate damper....

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hard to tell with all that camouflage if packs a tailgate damper....
They come standard with a damper on the swing out door. One less thing I have to convince those on the Bronco forum to get. ?

Bronco Damper.jpg

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

If you blow the resolution up to 4K specs on an 85", you can just make out the first 3 letters on the badge on the right side of spare tire about 4 o'clock.."J E E..."

;):crackup:

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
What's your reservation date and what model Bronco did you order?
7/13. 4dr first edition cyber orange. Order is in locked in status now, so Ford has reviewed and locked in commitment to build.

Ranger tremor is in carbonized gray and is due at the end of march.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
7/13. 4dr first edition cyber orange. Order is in locked in status now, so Ford has reviewed and locked in commitment to build.
That's great, you'll get yours this year with that date. Mine is Oct 14th which will be a MY22 but I didn't want a first year new run vehicle. I've been burned with them in the past with to many little issues and even though it's under warranty it's still a pain to deal with. Hopefully there aren't any with these and God knows they've had plenty of time to perfect it.

I'm still going back and forth on what to get. I reserved a Badlands then changed my mind along the way to Base with Sasquatch. Now after watching all the KOH videos thinking I might go back to BL again. At least for now I think I'm going white as it hides the dust really good but this could change when the new colors come out next year. :crazy:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
That's great, you'll get yours this year with that date. Mine is Oct 14th which will be a MY22 but I didn't want a first year new run vehicle. I've been burned with them in the past with to many little issues and even though it's under warranty it's still a pain to deal with. Hopefully there aren't any with these and God knows they've had plenty of time to perfect it.

I'm still going back and forth on what to get.
I reserved a Badlands then changed my mind along the way to Base with Sasquatch. Now after watching all the KOH videos thinking I might go back to BL again. At least for now I think I'm going white as it hides the dust really good but this could change when the new colors come out next year. :crazy:
I'm not even going to say anything about being indecisive. Hell, If you look it up in the dictionary my picture is right there beside the word. I've sent my built to Granger, already updated that one, and when they call I'll update the update. I need help................. :computerrage: :like:

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm not even going to say anything about being indecisive. Hell, If you look it up in the dictionary my picture is right there beside the word. I've sent my built to Granger, already updated that one, and when they call I'll update the update. I need help................. :computerrage: :like:

Are you still getting the OBX Jim? I know you sent me your build before and it looked really nice! I can usually make good quick decisions but when they give me this much time and with all the new pictures and videos coming out all bets are off! I've gotta hand it to Ford though it was a good marketing ploy to send all those Badlands to KOH for everyone to see. It might have just cost me another 10K! :curse:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Are you still getting the OBX Jim? I know you sent me your build before and it looked really nice! I can usually make good quick decisions but when they give me this much time and with all the new pictures and videos coming out all bets are off! I've gotta hand it to Ford though it was a good marketing ploy to send all those Badlands to KOH for everyone to see. It might have just cost me another 10K! :curse:
Yes sir, a Race Red OBX. That seems to be the only thing that's been constant during the wait. I've went from the 2.7L to the 2.3, now back to the 2.7 just because I want one. I'm too old to not get what I want, if ya know what I mean. Then it was the Lux package. I was, then I thought no it's not worth the 3500. But, every time I drove the wife's car, or my Jeep it reminded me how much I like the Adaptive Cruise Control (that damn Ford Marketing ploy at work). So once again I'm too old.........so the LUX is back in the picture. Those biggies along with the switches, the floor liners, and the tow package should get me there. So, I understand what you're going through. The thing that hit me was that after the long wait I didn't want to get the Bronco home, and then say I wish I had gotten the...."fill in the blank". So, I say if you want the BL get the BL. Like me you've worked hard all of your life, did the right thing, and supported the family. And, I'm sure you've sacrificed many times so the family could get what they want. It's time we give something back to ourselves bud, we ain't gettin' any younger. :)

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm only getting a Bronco if I can get a manual, otherwise I'll stick with the Ranger.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes sir, a Race Red OBX. That seems to be the only thing that's been constant during the wait. I've went from the 2.7L to the 2.3, now back to the 2.7 just because I want one. I'm too old to not get what I want, if ya know what I mean. Then it was the Lux package. I was, then I thought no it's not worth the 3500. But, every time I drove the wife's car, or my Jeep it reminded me how much I like the Adaptive Cruise Control (that damn Ford Marketing ploy at work). So once again I'm too old.........so the LUX is back in the picture. Those biggies along with the switches, the floor liners, and the tow package should get me there. So, I understand what you're going through. The thing that hit me was that after the long wait I didn't want to get the Bronco home, and then say I wish I had gotten the...."fill in the blank". So, I say if you want the BL get the BL. Like me you've worked hard all of your life, did the right thing, and supported the family. And, I'm sure you've sacrificed many times so the family could get what they want. It's time we give something back to ourselves bud, we ain't gettin' any younger. :)
You're right and most likely I will move back up to the BL. It was my initial favorite and over the years I've always end up regretting not going with my first instinct. The Base SAS will do everything I need it to do and more but I really don't "need" those 35's and like the way the BL sits with the 33's. Besides the BL has everything already there suspension and gearing wise that SAS has except the tires and wheels and IIRC 1/4" spacer? I really want those Bilstein shocks! Thanks for the encouragement Jim and helping me spend more money! ?
Sponsored