First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
Is there a way to keep your Pass Rewards from expiring next April? I apparently have two accounts. One with 374 points and one with 42,492 that I received when I purchased my Ranger. I have no idea how I ended up with two separate accounts. That is another issue I will have to figure out. If there is no way to extend the expiration date on these points, I will lose a good deal of them. I will only need to use them once per year for an oil change. Thanks in advance for any info.
Sponsored

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
from https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-rewards/faq.html?fmccmp=fv-fpr-flmo-fpfaq

Do FordPass Rewards Points expire?

FordPass Rewards Point balances expire and are forfeited when a member has not earned Points, redeemed Points or fulfilled a reward earned through FordPass Rewards for 365 consecutive calendar days. App usage does not qualify as activity needed to keep Points from expiring. To help in these uncertain times, expiration of FordPass Rewards Points has been extended to April 1, 2021, for Points earned prior to April, 2020. Points earned after April 1, 2020 will expire at the 365-day mark with no other activity.

Deleted member 1634

from https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-rewards/faq.html?fmccmp=fv-fpr-flmo-fpfaq

Do FordPass Rewards Points expire?

FordPass Rewards Point balances expire and are forfeited when a member has not earned Points, redeemed Points or fulfilled a reward earned through FordPass Rewards for 365 consecutive calendar days. App usage does not qualify as activity needed to keep Points from expiring. To help in these uncertain times, expiration of FordPass Rewards Points has been extended to April 1, 2021, for Points earned prior to April, 2020. Points earned after April 1, 2020 will expire at the 365-day mark with no other activity.
So if I understand correctly, it's not that you need to use all of your points within a certain time period, it's just that you need to use some points at least once every year. Correct? I'm not very good with legal speak. haha

I got an email saying only the last part of what you posted and gave my points balance and I got concerned and upset. But maybe I don't need to be.

OP
OP

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So if I understand correctly, it's not that you need to use all of your points within a certain time period, it's just that you need to use some points at least once every year. Correct? I'm not very good with legal speak. haha

I got an email saying only the last part of what you posted and gave my points balance and I got concerned and upset. But maybe I don't need to be.
Matt, I am in the same boat. I think, but don't know for sure, that your interpretation is correct. If I use points say in Oct. 2020, I have to use them again before Oct. 2021 or I lose them. I'm hoping I am correct. Thanks for the reply.

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Sounds similar to airline miles and hotel points. My understanding is as long as you use some points or earn points, the expiring date is extended on the entire balance. So go get an oil change to earn points and you don't have to risk them expiring. Or you can use them to purchase an accessory or something. Essentially, make your balance go up or down once a year and your safe.

OP
OP

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sounds similar to airline miles and hotel points. My understanding is as long as you use some points or earn points, the expiring date is extended on the entire balance. So go get an oil change to earn points and you don't have to risk them expiring. Or you can use them to purchase an accessory or something. Essentially, make your balance go up or down once a year and your safe.
Thanks, Daniel!

adamodonnell

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
Good info. Anyone know if there's a chart for redemption levels somewhere? LIke 20k points for an oil change, etc.

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Good info. Anyone know if there's a chart for redemption levels somewhere? LIke 20k points for an oil change, etc.
What is the dollar value for 42,000 points anyway? I never heard nor asked.

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
It was confusing enough for me that I just spent all mine rather than risk it. I do know the extension is working as I would have lost 80,000 points in June and I did not when I spent them in July. I was not paying enough attention to the rules and without the national emergency, I would have lost them all. If I could have traded them to avoid the national emergency, I would have happily done that too.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
I had two separate accounts also. I contacted them on the phone and they merged the accounts for me.
Who did you call? What number did you use. The FordPass guides have said they would take of merging my old Ford Owners account (16,988 points) with my Ford Pass account, but I am getting nowhere fast.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Who did you call? What number did you use. The FordPass guides have said they would take of merging my old Ford Owners account (16,988 points) with my Ford Pass account, but I am getting nowhere fast.
I also talked to a FordPass guide. I must have been lucky as he was very helpful and after a few days the points were all merged under the account I wanted to keep. He even tossed in some extra points for me when I told him I was going to order a Ranger.

This was the contact information for FordPass that I found:

If you have any questions, comments, or claims regarding FordPass or FordPass Rewards you may contact us by finding your local contact information by going to this website https://corporate.ford.com/global-links.html#s0f0, or contacting us in the U.S. at:

Telephone
800-392-3673 (U.S.)
800-232-5952 (TDD for the hearing impaired)
800-565-3673 (Canada)
Available 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
Monday - Friday

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
I also talked to a FordPass guide. I must have been lucky as he was very helpful and after a few days the points were all merged under the account I wanted to keep. He even tossed in some extra points for me when I told him I was going to order a Ranger.

This was the contact information for FordPass that I found:

If you have any questions, comments, or claims regarding FordPass or FordPass Rewards you may contact us by finding your local contact information by going to this website https://corporate.ford.com/global-links.html#s0f0, or contacting us in the U.S. at:

Telephone
800-392-3673 (U.S.)
800-232-5952 (TDD for the hearing impaired)
800-565-3673 (Canada)
Available 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
Monday - Friday
Thanks!

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I stopped my Ford Pass points from expiring this morning. I ordered the Pivot Bed Storage thingy. Just the passenger side though. I may get the other side later. I'll order it from Amazon though for $50 less than from Ford.
Sponsored