Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2005 Ford Focus
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have experience with any of the Amazon UCA offerings out there? Seems to be a good handful of options available, and coming in at 1/5 the cost of a lot of name-brands, they're hard to ignore.
I'd love to know your thoughts, and any shortcomings you may have experienced.
Also, since I have a 2020.5 model truck with steel uprights, I'm curious to know if these may work, as they don't specify one way or another.

TIA for your thoughts!
UCA.JPG
Sponsored

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
In my experience with car parts, you get what you pay for. I used the cheapest set of LCA's on my old '04 Elantra and it worked just fine for 7 years. Would I do it again, sure... on a $30K truck? hmm, now there's a tougher choice.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have experience with any of the Amazon UCA offerings out there? Seems to be a good handful of options available, and coming in at 1/5 the cost of a lot of name-brands, they're hard to ignore.
Also, since I have a 2020.5 model truck with steel uprights, I'm curious to know if these may work, as they don't specify one way or another.

TIA for your thoughts!
UCA.JPG
OK, you asked for thought so here are mine. Are you Willing to trust your trucks front suspension, and maybe your life, to a no-name.ade in China suspension arm, because of cost? I would not.

It comes down to basically you get what you pay for. Name brands will stand behind their products, should something happen.

Finally, Amazon is the last place I would go to buy something as critical a suspension components. Not the least of which is. Their fitting charts and descriptions are horrible. Your question on steel versus aluminum spindles being an example.

There you have it, my input. Take it for what it's worth. Probably not much.

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
OK, you asked for thought so here are mine. Are you Willing to trust your trucks front suspension, and maybe your life, to a no-name.ade in China suspension arm, because of cost? I would not.

It comes down to basically you get what you pay for. Name brands will stand behind their products, should something happen.

Finally, Amazon is the last place I would go to buy something as critical a suspension components. Not the least of which is. Their fitting charts and descriptions are horrible. Your question on steel versus aluminum spindles being an example.

There you have it, my input. Take it for what it's worth. Probably not much.
Agreed, even my 'cheapest' ones I could find for my old elantra were name brand, ordered through Orielly's, and made of Steel

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Everyone,

TIA for your thoughts!
UCA.JPG
I bought LCA and ball joints for my subaru off amazon.

granted, they were "name brand" being sold on amazon just not by amazon.

I would take the UCA you are looking for and see if you can find them on line somewhere. even most small shops have a google review or two, or a social media page of some sort. If they exist in the real world, I would try and order direct from them, that way they get the most benefit from the transaction.

If I couldn't find them online anywhere other than amazon, I might look elsewhere. . . depending on the hurry you are in and what your long term goals are it is probably better to find a reputable manufacturer and buy direct from them. If you are just looking to replace your existing ones because something is wrong with them, call some shops that do ranger lifts etc and see if you can buy some take offs from someone. . .

YMMV - I was satisfied with my LCS's from amazon but did find I needed to replace the ball joints every 10K miles or so...

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'm all for buying Amazom chicom ie; lightbars, seat covers, portable shitters, and even tents. I've gotten some stuff over the years that are just as functional as name brands at a fraction of the price.

With that said; critical parts are a no-no and a line in the sand.

Also with that said; a lot of the name brand stuff is also made in China, however buying directly from said brand name companies located in the USA gives you someone to go after if a critical part fails and serious damage is done. You are not going to get Li Dong Lee factory #315,343 in the Shang Zu province to respond to a civil paper.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Agree with most of the above. I would always go with name-brand suspension parts. Not willing to take a risk to save a few bucks on my $40,000 Ranger. Just my opinion here.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Lotta people here thinking amazon themselves are making the control arms.

You can find millions of name brand items on amazon, just pay attention to wtf you're clicking on. Most of my, yes name brandz autp parts I get from amazon. I crows reference part numbers all the time to ensure i get correct things.

So in short, no I would probably not buy those.. but would look harder for name brand stuff.

If none are found, google will lead you to official, direct from manufacture sites easily.

Jamie Jack

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Most people don't seem to realize that half of Amazon parts are actually offered for sale by legitimate small North American companies seeking an online presence. Not everything there is from China, and Amazon states the manufacturer's origin and who the seller is. As most have suggested, choose brand name parts, with a engineering background, rather than knockoffs.

I once ordered a fish finder on Amazon becasue it was the best price; 30% below the local price. When it arrived, I discovered that it had come from the same local shop; 30% cheaper, so I asked the owner about it. He stated that Amazon sales give him the volumes to get better wholesale prices, and that he makes more profit at higher volumes and turnovers.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
No way I would put any of those on my truck! Rough Country has forged UCA starting at $299.00 . Pretty happy with my Icons that are stout and work exactly as advertise. Maybe you can start a new group buy from Stage 3 if Frank is still around. I saved allot that way.

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
Lotta people here thinking amazon themselves are making the control arms.

You can find millions of name brand items on amazon, just pay attention to wtf you're clicking on. Most of my, yes name brandz autp parts I get from amazon. I crows reference part numbers all the time to ensure i get correct things.

So in short, no I would probably not buy those.. but would look harder for name brand stuff.

If none are found, google will lead you to official, direct from manufacture sites easily.
The only problem with Amazon is there are now alot of frauds. I've been swindled a few times now by buying a 'name brand' product off of amazon only to receive it and find that its a knockoff item.
Im much more careful now about who the 'seller' is.
Sponsored