Alignment

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I have a 2019 Lariat, and when I go for an alignment, I'm told they don't have specs for a level truck. They say they'll do their best.
Does anyone know the alignment specs for a leveled 2019, and would you please share?
Thanks.
Sponsored

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Prior to delivery, my dealer installed our FP/Fox Leveling Kit. When I asked for alignment data, they gave me this...

2023-08-07 10 46 21.png

OP
OP

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Thanks. I will use this info in case no one else has any details. I know when my level kit was put in by Ford, they had to send it out, as their machine couldn't do it. My camber or caster, don't remember which, was out of specs that they used. Was told they couldn't adjust it.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mtsoxfan,

The caster split might be a tad too much. If you experience any pulling to one side or the other, you might have caster split lowered to around 0.2° to improve.... JMO.

Best,
Phil

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
When I had my Eibach front shocks installed, set at 1.5" lift, they installed and did an a alignment and said nothing of it. 28k miles later still rides and drives fine. Probably not a good comparison to a proper "lift" but that's all I got.

Reactions: EJH

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Generally the goal is to set it back to OEM specs on trucks. Depending on the lift height and method leveraged, OEM specs will not be achievable and they will get it as close as possible. The phrase "they will do their best" is often an honest statement.
For a 2 inch or less level, they should be able to get it close with the factory adjustment range. Sometimes they have to fudge on caster to get camber and vice versa.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I have a 2019 Lariat, and when I go for an alignment, I'm told they don't have specs for a level truck. They say they'll do their best.
Does anyone know the alignment specs for a leveled 2019, and would you please share?
Thanks.
The specifications are the same no matter what. With the truck being leveled itay be tough to keep it in specifications. This is due the the extra Caster angle that can't be corrected unless the rear is also lifted.

Cg32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Sales Leadership
As others have said, the specs are the same and they will just get it as close as possible. They may just have to work a bit harder than they want to get it there. Depending on the lift, you may actually want a bit more caster than oem. I would find a 4x4 shop and have them do it if the local shop has these sort of questions. It may be more, but it is worth it

Reactions: EJH
OP
OP

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Thank you all for the clarification. It might be tough finding a 4x4 shop around here, but will start looking...

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Thank you all for the clarification. It might be tough finding a 4x4 shop around here, but will start looking...
The dealership can do the alignment as well. It doesn't have to be a 4x4 shop to do the alignment

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Mine was slightly out of spec due to level kit and passenger front tire is worn down on the outside, much more than the inside tread. I rotated them so it's on the rear now. It is what it is.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Mine was slightly out of spec due to level kit and passenger front tire is worn down on the outside, much more than the inside tread. I rotated them so it's on the rear now. It is what it is.
Care to post pictures of the alignment adjusters on the lower control arms? Some alignment shops just adjust tow and send people on their way. Easy to tell if that has happened to you based on a picture of those adjustment points.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
mine are starting to wear on the inside of the tire, a few weeks ago I had it alignment done and was .5 out seems to still be wearing :(
I noticed on the sheet the specs they used were for the Tremore? I have a 21 FX4 with a lift

hookem57

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Driver
Thanks. I will use this info in case no one else has any details. I know when my level kit was put in by Ford, they had to send it out, as their machine couldn't do it. My camber or caster, don't remember which, was out of specs that they used. Was told they couldn't adjust it.
If you have a Tremor there is a thread on here that is Tremor specific.
Sponsored