SGT_Rock6

SGT_Rock6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Teacher
My first set of Falkens lasted nearly 50K...still wear enough for another 10K but didn't look the part on an off road truck lol...my new Coopers are near 40K and should easily pass 60K...

How's your driving style? I'm pretty gentle around corners...cars pile up behind me when I go through clover leaf at 30mph...but then I make up for this by leaving everyone in the dust once the turn straightens out... ?
Pretty easy in general. I can still hear my dad telling (my teenage self) to “Slow Down on those turns! Those tires cost money!” Those same words came out of my mouth when I taught my kids to drive. ?
I think you’re right, it may be out of spec.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SGT_Rock6

SGT_Rock6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Teacher
Pretty easy in general. I can still hear my dad telling (my teenage self) to “Slow Down on those turns! Those tires cost money!” Those same words came out of my mouth when I taught my kids to drive. ?
I think you’re right, it may be out of spec.
Would you believe I just saw a Ford dealership ad that suggests that the Ranger might need an alignment every 5-10k miles. WHAT????? (I didn’t want to say WTF(?) so I’m glad I didn’t say it!) ?
Is this the new normal?
My buddy the former Ford tech/shop owner pointed out my visibly toe-out camber, and a Tacoma in the same parking lot with visibly toe-in camber.
What gives?

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
Would you believe I just saw a Ford dealership ad that suggests that the Ranger might need an alignment every 5-10k miles. WHAT????? (I didn’t want to say WTF(?) so I’m glad I didn’t say it!) ?
Is this the new normal?
My buddy the former Ford tech/shop owner pointed out my visibly toe-out camber, and a Tacoma in the same parking lot with visibly toe-in camber.
What gives?
The intervals I normally see for checking alignment are usually once a year, every 2 oil changes, or every 6,000 miles, something along those lines.

It's unlikely that your toe is off enough to be able to see it by eye. Camber is a bit easier to sight, but even then your alignment would have to be pretty far off to be obvious to the naked eye. The body lines of the vehicle often make wheels look out of square.

Oles

First Name
Oles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger super crew
Occupation
Welder
2020 Ranger Supercrew Sport 2wd, 30k (generally easy) miles:

In for 5k oil change today. I noted front tire inner edge wear. Service writer said
“Ford sets an aggressive front end alignment for better steering control,
which results in shorter tire life.”
He said he rarely gets much more than 30k out of his tires.
Anybody having that (or better) experience?
I’m not cool with wearing tires out at 30k (they’re Expensive!)
Appreciate your thoughts out there.
He said it was worse on the 2019’s.
Getting mine aligned today....35000 miles inside tread....is Gone. Good thing I paid 48grand for a new vehicle.
Sponsored