First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just curious if anybody on here is from Alaska and knows how to use FORScan? I am looking for help setting up the rig to my specifications.

Before I came to this forum the things that bothered me were just that, things… now that I find out from here that they can be changed, they are really bothering me… so, if anybody has the tech, knows what they are doing, and want to help, (I can pay you in beer or cash) let me know.

Andrew
Andrew watch this video it may help you to be able to do it yourself. There's a few things I'd like to change but not enough to use Forscan. Plus with my luck I'll have stuff going on that shouldn't and off when they should be on. lol

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
There are some good threads on here that will walk you thru making changes with Forscan. It's not very hard as long as you purchase a good scan tool and download the software from the Forescan forum.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Nice thing about Forscan now. Two interfaces to change settings. One is the as built hex code change. The other with same module name is just on off switching. Real simple that way. Just save your settings before you make any changes. That way if something by chance does go wrong you can easily change it back to factory settings. That video is a good start. Let the good times roll$

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Would love to come help you out, but I don't think you'd want to covery travel expenses. :) the linked video is a good one to start with. I don’t know if it has been updated to cove all the latest updates but it covers the basics. The advice to get a good OBD2 adaptor is a good one. Don’t go cheap, The OBDLINK units are good ones and you don’t have to mess with a CANBUS switch. Some will say to get a wired one for changing settings, which is probably the best. I use a Bluetooth one, the MX (now the MX+) and have not had any issues.

The biggest thing and I cannot emphisize it enough. The first thing you need to do is make backups of all your asbuilt module files. Do this before making any changes. This way you can always go back to your original settings if some change doesn't do what you want.

Welcome to the group and don’t be afraid of Forscan. As long as you have you backup files, if very hard to mess things up. Forscan only lets you change setting and not mess with the actual programming.

Have fun and enjoy your truck.
Sponsored