First Name
benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger XL, 2020 ford fusion se
Occupation
quality technician
So I just started using forscan an I made a bunch of changes but now I want to revert back to stock settings and I didn’t realize I had to save individual modules. I thought the prompt that you get when you first connect to back up your vin took care of that? Is there a way for me to revert back and if so how?
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
So I just started using forscan an I made a bunch of changes but now I want to revert back to stock settings and I didn’t realize I had to save individual modules. I thought the prompt that you get when you first connect to back up your vin took care of that? Is there a way for me to revert back and if so how?
Unfortunately the most accurate answer to your question is somewhere between no and not easily. Unless you remember or wrote down all there changes you made, you are out of luck. You can download the original asbuilt values from Ford using your VIN. The bad news is they are not in a format Forscan can use. They are in a comma delimited text file. Which if you know how you can load into Excel and manipulate into a readable format. Then you will need to compare line by line to see what you changed. A long and not fun process.

As I said, if if you can remember what you changed you may be able to go into the configuration menus and undo them. This will get you close. Then backup ALL your asbuilts. Also make incremental backups as you make future changes. Naming the accordingly, so you can go back to a previous version if needed.

Good lesson for everyone starting out with Forscan. Backup your ALL your original asbuilts and at the least record any changes you make.

OP
OP
ParkRangerBen

ParkRangerBen

First Name
benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
quality technician
Unfortunately the most accurate answer to your question is somewhere between no and not easily. Unless you remember or wrote down all there changes you made, you are out of luck. You can download the original asbuilt values from Ford using your VIN. The bad news is they are not in a format Forscan can use. They are in a comma delimited text file. Which if you know how you can load into Excel and manipulate into a readable format. Then you will need to compare line by line to see what you changed. A long and not fun process.

As I said, if if you can remember what you changed you may be able to go into the configuration menus and undo them. This will get you close. Then backup ALL your asbuilts. Also make incremental backups as you make future changes. Naming the accordingly, so you can go back to a previous version if needed.

Good lesson for everyone starting out with Forscan. Backup your ALL your original asbuilts and at the least record any changes you make.
Thank you! I was hoping that wasn’t the case but I have an idea of everything I changed so that is what I will do. It’s a good lesson for sure lol.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
this is interesting as I thought the same.

So what is the purpose

OP
OP
ParkRangerBen

ParkRangerBen

First Name
benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
quality technician

So what is the purpose
That’s what I’m wondering. I wish I would have done a little more research before diving in but I was too impatient to be responsible. Now future Ben has to deal with it lol

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

So what is the purpose
It's been a while since I did my first time log in, but what you had to save was probably your vehicle profile. That you only need to do once for each vehicle you use Forscan on. The profile ties information about your vehicle, like what modules you have, together so Forscan shows the right info. Allows you to use the same computer with multiple Ford vehicles.

After the initial backup you only need to save the module you made changes to.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I kept a spreadsheet of all the settings I changed, the module it's in, etc. I only changed about 8 things, so not a big deal. I did not backup before I started, but don't do what I did if you don't feel comfortable doing it, or want to go in and play. I only made changes to proven settings from the fordscan thread.

OP
OP
ParkRangerBen

ParkRangerBen

First Name
benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
quality technician
So I went trough and tried to remember what I set and set it back and I think I was mostly successful except now I have the airbag light on… any ideas what I did?

D47CE466-1C62-451A-AEFD-2DFCB88E513E.jpeg

C24BBEB8-6A06-4A4D-A29D-70E49304F4EE.png
Sponsored