OP
Ljhardrock

Ljhardrock

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2.3l, AFe 3in Turbo back Exhaust, AFe Intercooler pipe, Turbosmart BOV, 5star Tuning 91perf, Mishimoto cold air Intake, Big Mouth air ram, Mountune intercooler,
Occupation
A/C Tech
I'm sure it does but until someone dyno with it. I don't think it's as high of hp AFe saying it

46-20384-b_dc_1.1559318780.jpg
Sponsored

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Yes I followed the instructions to the letter. Just wasn't sure if it was right
how was the install? Is it a DIY? Hours? Any advice or tips?

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
I put mine in last night! So far so good!

OP
OP
Ljhardrock

Ljhardrock

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2.3l, AFe 3in Turbo back Exhaust, AFe Intercooler pipe, Turbosmart BOV, 5star Tuning 91perf, Mishimoto cold air Intake, Big Mouth air ram, Mountune intercooler,
Occupation
A/C Tech
About an hour and the only hard part was putting on the hot side due to the space. I would take it slow so not to damage the intercooler pipe.

20191110_095411.jpg

20191110_095405.jpg

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mine today, the written instructions are horrible, it took me and a super mechanically inclined buddy with all the right tools 4 hours to change then. Super pain in the ass.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
At least you got yours...
They seem to be on an inevitable back order.Each time I check,the date backs up.

jeffe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Lincoln MK VIII, '19 Ranger XLT, Magnetic, 2WD CC, Sport pkg, towing pkg, rear locker.
Occupation
CPO, USN Retired, Retired AT&T Field Tech
I ordered mine from CarID last Sun. Was supposedly in stock. No shipping date yet...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine from CarID last Sun. Was supposedly in stock. No shipping date yet...
Good luck with that - I ordered a tailgate damper from them in Dec 2018 and it kept getting pushed out every couple of weeks. By the following September or so, I finally cancelled it. I ended up getting the Ford one (which was the same part - DeeZee). CarID never said it was not available from the manufacturer.

I won't order from CarID again.

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I put mine in with a buddy mechanic. He had all the right tools that made the job so much easier, about 1.5 maybe 2 hours.
I was disappointed with the quality
of aFe. The welds on the inside around the BOV are terrible. It almost looks like they messed up and tried to salvage a damaged pipe. Also when installing, the metal “aFe” plate fell off. Luckily the spot welds didn't penetrate the pipe but still. What sh*t. Honestly the difference is whatever. I know it is beneficial and will be better for additional mods but you can’t tell power-wise. Sounded good revving in the drive way. Solid BOV sound and even made my exhaust pop and crackle. Doubt that will happen all the time but it was cool.

Overall it’s a fine mode for the sale price, even though the quality is not good. It is probably better than stock. If any other company made this product I would go that direction. Afe kinda sucks.

57DD387A-BF5D-48DD-BF37-CBAADE4B3BF4.jpeg

8629EE93-33E2-4F3A-9586-814B94A983DD.jpeg

D62F6832-AE1F-482A-9541-F9A0D1AB9C63.jpeg

Last edited:

jeffe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Lincoln MK VIII, '19 Ranger XLT, Magnetic, 2WD CC, Sport pkg, towing pkg, rear locker.
Occupation
CPO, USN Retired, Retired AT&T Field Tech
Good luck with that - I ordered a tailgate damper from them in Dec 2018 and it kept getting pushed out every couple of weeks. By the following September or so, I finally cancelled it. I ended up getting the Ford one (which was the same part - DeeZee). CarID never said it was not available from the manufacturer.

I won't order from CarID again.
They shipped today! I'm a bit surprised but not unhappy!!
Sponsored