First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ranger Super Cab XL
Occupation
Production Manager
EDIT: Got it working, copied the settings from another higher spec Ranger and it was the settings for the cruise control button in SCCM that were the issue..

I'm in South Africa and I'm trying to get the same thing going here, my as-built is totally different from yours posted here, all of them and I'm now stuck with different errors depending on what I change.

So I bought the steering wheel from a wrecked Ranger of similar year to mine and fitted the wheel complete with the buttons on both sides.

Enabled it in the following modules:

IPC: 2 places - Adjustable speed limiter and cruise control switch
SCCM: No changes, Switch pack still set to Ford 5 Way only
PCM: Cruise Control
BdyCM - Collision mitigation with braking - Checking this option to "with cruise control" took away the switch pack error and incompatible module configuration errors from the SCCM and gave me a single error in ABS module for module configuration incompatible. I haven't found any reliable spreadsheet detailing the as-built settings on the Rangers built in South Africa, but I'm sure that the wiring and settings are all the same, it's only the steering wheel and related buttons which swap sides but remain wired the same.

My cluster is identical to the one OP posted except it is only in Km/h
Sponsored

Last edited:

rapand0

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ranger XL 2.2
Occupation
none
EDIT: Got it working, copied the settings from another higher spec Ranger and it was the settings for the cruise control button in SCCM that were the issue..

I'm in South Africa and I'm trying to get the same thing going here, my as-built is totally different from yours posted here, all of them and I'm now stuck with different errors depending on what I change.

So I bought the steering wheel from a wrecked Ranger of similar year to mine and fitted the wheel complete with the buttons on both sides.

Enabled it in the following modules:

IPC: 2 places - Adjustable speed limiter and cruise control switch
SCCM: No changes, Switch pack still set to Ford 5 Way only
PCM: Cruise Control
BdyCM - Collision mitigation with braking - Checking this option to "with cruise control" took away the switch pack error and incompatible module configuration errors from the SCCM and gave me a single error in ABS module for module configuration incompatible. I haven't found any reliable spreadsheet detailing the as-built settings on the Rangers built in South Africa, but I'm sure that the wiring and settings are all the same, it's only the steering wheel and related buttons which swap sides but remain wired the same.

My cluster is identical to the one OP posted except it is only in Km/h
That's awesome, I've been trying few times to enable it on mine with no luck! Would you be so kind to share screens or even a forscan backup of the modified parameters so I can compare with mine?

Thanks

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Wait a minute.

XLs don't come with cruise control?

Is this 1990?

rapand0

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ranger XL 2.2
Occupation
none
Well after a thorough information gathering online:clock:, I managed to find a way to add CC even without paying for an other steering wheel (also I don't like leather and grey paint).
What I did was to enable it by just buying the left switch pack which has part no. 1945174 / eb3t-9e740-fb3ja6
and by adding 3 cables from the switch pack to the connector on the clock spring (took me some real investigatior and electronics skills to guess the pins:inspect:) because Ford decided to save 0,01 cent on that wiring manufatcured in China as stated on the production tag.
Then it was just matter of using Forscan to change the lines with which I obtained from an asbuilt file of a VIN found online belonging to an XLT Ranger (has cc from factory).
I also made an opening on the left side for the new switch pack (since ford doesn't sell those without the wheel) and it looks cooler IMHO.

Customer 1 Ford 0

harisury

First Name
Hari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLS 4x2 2022
Occupation
Advogado
Well after a thorough information gathering online:clock:, I managed to find a way to add CC even without paying for an other steering wheel (also I don't like leather and grey paint).
What I did was to enable it by just buying the left switch pack which has part no. 1945174 / eb3t-9e740-fb3ja6
and by adding 3 cables from the switch pack to the connector on the clock spring (took me some real investigatior and electronics skills to guess the pins:inspect:) because Ford decided to save 0,01 cent on that wiring manufatcured in China as stated on the production tag.
Then it was just matter of using Forscan to change the lines with which I obtained from an asbuilt file of a VIN found online belonging to an XLT Ranger (has cc from factory).
I also made an opening on the left side for the new switch pack (since ford doesn't sell those without the wheel) and it looks cooler IMHO.

Customer 1 Ford 0
I made an explanation with exactly what you need to do.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/add-cruise-control.24585/
Sponsored