Actual bed measurement help needed

skyguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Hi all. This is my first post, but I've already learned a bunch from all the helpful, knowledgeable people on these forums. I have a 2021 supercab on order. I'm told it will be arriving in late January. I plan to put a topper on it and build out a micro-camper in the bed. I'm working on a unique design that will involve a sleep area for two smalish people flat on the floor with storage up over our feet and along the sides behind the wheel wells on SwingCase frames. Unlike the raised sleeping platform design that a lot of people go with, we will be able to sit up fully vertical when seated on the floor. I'll post pictures when it's done. I know the exposed cargo width is published as 61.4 inches. Could someone verify for me whether that is between the side rails at the top of the bed or the width down on the floor between the side walls aft of the wheelhouses? If there is more width down low, what is that width? I am getting ready to order some quality plywood for the project, and this measurement is important for determining quantity and dimensions. Thanks.
Sponsored

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
Hi all. This is my first post, but I've already learned a bunch from all the helpful, knowledgeable people on these forums. I have a 2021 supercab on order. I'm told it will be arriving in late January. I plan to put a topper on it and build out a micro-camper in the bed. I'm working on a unique design that will involve a sleep area for two smalish people flat on the floor with storage up over our feet and along the sides behind the wheel wells on SwingCase frames. Unlike the raised sleeping platform design that a lot of people go with, we will be able to sit up fully vertical when seated on the floor. I'll post pictures when it's done. I know the exposed cargo width is published as 61.4 inches. Could someone verify for me whether that is between the side rails at the top of the bed or the width down on the floor between the side walls aft of the wheelhouses? If there is more width down low, what is that width? I am getting ready to order some quality plywood for the project, and this measurement is important for determining quantity and dimensions. Thanks.
This thread might have what your're looking for: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2019-ford-ranger-dimensions-layout-and-specs-pdf.1298/

OP
OP

skyguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Thanks for the reply SrappyLaptop. I've got the truck in my garage now (two weeks earlier than predicted by the Ford tracking website), so I'm good to go.
That's great news - I can't wait to see updates on the project!

OP
OP

skyguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
that is slick. I love the bungee struts to hold open the top. What did you use for the swing out boxes? the hinges look like they came from the manufactured boxes?

OP
OP

skyguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
that is slick. I love the bungee struts to hold open the top. What did you use for the swing out boxes? the hinges look like they came from the manufactured boxes?
Thanks. I called up the super helpful folks at Swing Case and they sold me just the hinges and latch parts without the plastic boxes.

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT