Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was just starting to get a little musty odor then I switched to the Purolator Boss. So far so good.
Hi Rick,

I found a switch to Old Spice Sweat Defender deodorant and showering monthly fixed my wife's complaint... :) :) :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Hi Rick,

I found a switch to Old Spice Sweat Defender deodorant and showering monthly fixed my wife's complaint... :) :) :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Great suggestion. I’ll give it a try.

dangerranger16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Just went to the dealership yesterday for this very issue of the passenger rear brake squealing. It was mud packed in the grove on the brake pads. This grove is used to help outgas brake dust to keep it away from the rotor and the pads. However, this only serves as a catch all for mud and difficult to rinse out. I'm changing to solid rear pads to help eliminate this problem. After they got the dried up mud out of the pads, no more noisy rear brakes.

Finally found some time and checked out the rear brakes. Didn't take everything completely apart, just the wheel to look in there. Was able to see the brake pad groove was plugged up a bit. Didn't seem terrible but thought I'd give some brake parts cleaner a go. Shot some...actually a ton...of brake parts cleaner and it cleaned out well. According to the white pizza box I used as a catch, it was pretty dirty. Took it for a test drive and squeaking brakes are gone! Thank you for posting this. The squeak was annoying me for weeks and I was dreading having to go to the dealer like some of the other folks around here. I'm happy it worked out this way. Hopefully this may help others with this issue.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Mine was just starting to get a little musty odor then I switched to the Purolator Boss. So far so good.
UPDATE: I sent the Purolator Boss back. Poor airflow.

And Phil: Thinking of showering twice a month.

Aftermath865

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Update: Dropped the truck off on Friday for the blower motor replacement. Spoke with service writer about the other coil and grease possibility I’ve previously read about and of course that’s not enough “evidence” to look at it... Picked the truck up today, they told me the new blower motor took care of it. Guess what?... it didn’t. Still there.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Heating element? I thought this truck had a standard heater core. I don't find a heating element in any of the parts diagrams.

Musty a/c smell happens in every vehicle ever made.

WALLYPOWER

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Occupation
Drafting Design Engineer
I experienced the same burning crayon smell coming from my vents at 4,000 miles and finally had the issue resolved after 3 months due to parts delays. The dealership found excessive grease built up on the outside/inside of the evaporator housing assembly. They replaced the entire assembly and the smell is finally gone. The parts delays were the biggest nightmare since the assembly was on back order and supply chains are broken down from the pandemic. The dealership wanted to pull an assembly out of another Ranger but Ford wouldn't approve it. I opened a complaint case with Ford Customer Service and it helped slightly by getting them involved to request direct delivery of parts to the dealership. But Ford is at the mercy of the parts suppliers so they didn't speed the process up much. The silver lining is that opening a complaint case gave me the ability to negotiated reimbursement of loan payments for being inconvenienced. Hopefully this is the last repair for a while...
Sponsored