AC condensate.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Yep had a look in mine, and even in a global, the drain is above the auto as described above. Never seen a drain in that sort of position before. It actually drips over the auto, I figured some clever cost cutting Ford engineer considered it some sort of auxiliary cooling system for the auto. :LOL:
Sponsored

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Was able to crawl underneath the truck now that it’s not raining, and can confirm that the drain is in an impossible to reach spot (from both the engine compartment and from underneath). Drains directly onto the transmission as others have confirmed (mine is dripping onto the transmission just a bit so it doesn’t seem to be fully clogged, but maybe enough to cause the wet passenger carpet situation).

Going to take it to a shop this week to get this checked out and hopefully resolved.

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Update - I took it to a local mechanic shop and they charged 1 hour of labor to investigate + resolve the issue. They had noted that they cleared the drain and that there was a flap out of place/not sealed properly in my a/c system.

Thus far, no more water. Hopefully it stays this way.

Trying it Out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Utility Contractor
Update - I took it to a local mechanic shop and they charged 1 hour of labor to investigate + resolve the issue. They had noted that they cleared the drain and that there was a flap out of place/not sealed properly in my a/c system.

Thus far, no more water. Hopefully it stays this way.
I have a similar issue where my driver side carpet is soaked and only has water accumulate when the AC is running alot. Ford has attempted to fix it and failed. Could you share what Mechanic you took your truck too, Id like to give them a try. Thanks

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I have a similar issue where my driver side carpet is soaked and only has water accumulate when the AC is running alot. Ford has attempted to fix it and failed. Could you share what Mechanic you took your truck too, Id like to give them a try. Thanks

Yes, absolutely. I took my truck to JSB AutoWorks. Hopefully they are able to fix this for your truck as well.

Trying it Out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Utility Contractor
Yes, absolutely. I took my truck to JSB AutoWorks. Hopefully they are able to fix this for your truck as well.
[/QUOT
I gave them a call and they said they only work on European cars. would you have a contact for the person you dealt with? Also would you have any more information on what they fixed or pictures. Thanks

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
PM Sent.