AC condensate.

Riverwide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariot
I run A/C constantly but have nrver seen any water run out under motor. 2019 Ranger Lariat. What gives? Is this due to the new AC fluid?
Sponsored

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
I've never looked for the drain tube. Water still condenses on cold surfaces. I assume it has a drain and not a drain pan like a refrigerator.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The drain is against the firewall just left of center just above the transmission. Depending on the air temp and humidity level your system may not be producing much condensation to drip down to the ground. There have been some reports of the drains being blocked with silicone sealant preventing it from draining correctly. If you are not seeing anything making it to the ground you may want to have it checked because the water is going somewhere.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I live in North Carolina also. With the humidity we have mine looks like there's a small creek running from under there. :) I would have it checked out just for some peace of mind.

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Here in Texas the AC runs 9 months of the year. My wife's car leaves a noticeable puddle on the floor of the garage. I haven't seen a drop under the Ranger. Going in for an oil change tomorrow at the dealership. I'll have them check the hose and make sure it is draining properly. I had no luck trying to find it myself.

cferinga

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger (Lariat)
Occupation
Lawyer
I have a blocked drain. Water drips/pours into the passenger side floor from the centerline of the truck when I turn left. Some it pours over a hot pipe and steams away. I've tried to find the drainage pipe to no avail. Has anyone taken a picture of what the pipe looks like, and if it's hidden underneath something? It seems like an easy enough fix once the pipe is located. From all the posts about this problem, it would be great to have a youtube video fully showing where things are and the fix.

TheDillweed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
The Godfather
I have a blocked drain. Water drips/pours into the passenger side floor from the centerline of the truck when I turn left. Some it pours over a hot pipe and steams away. I've tried to find the drainage pipe to no avail. Has anyone taken a picture of what the pipe looks like, and if it's hidden underneath something? It seems like an easy enough fix once the pipe is located. From all the posts about this problem, it would be great to have a youtube video fully showing where things are and the fix.
Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue!

cferinga

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger (Lariat)
Occupation
Lawyer
Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue!
When I bought the truck (used-16k miles) I bought a service contract. So I had the Ford Dealer fix it. It took them 3+ hours and removal of serveral parts to fix it. No problems since.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT - FX4
The drain is against the firewall just left of center just above the transmission.
What does the outlet hose look like? Is it just a open ended hose jutting from the firewall? Is it pointed downward or horizontal? Can it be located from underneath the truck or from above? Does any heat shielding or other parts need to be removed in order to find it and shove a long zip-tie up there?

Having a heck of a time finding this tube and living over 50 miles from a Ford dealer, dont want to waste time dealing with them over what should be a very easy fix to the AC smell.

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈
Hawaii here. Sometimes, I back my truck out of the driveway so I can swim in the condensate pool (it’s a lot).

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
What does the outlet hose look like? Is it just a open ended hose jutting from the firewall? Is it pointed downward or horizontal? Can it be located from underneath the truck or from above? Does any heat shielding or other parts need to be removed in order to find it and shove a long zip-tie up there?

Having a heck of a time finding this tube and living over 50 miles from a Ford dealer, dont want to waste time dealing with them over what should be a very easy fix to the AC smell.
Drain is very difficult to get to. The drain is against the firewall just left of center just above the transmission. I tried to get at it myself, but unless you can lean way down over the engine it's impossible to reach from top. You’re going to have to jack it up so you can reach up there and snake it open.​

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT - FX4
Drain is very difficult to get to. The drain is against the firewall just left of center just above the transmission.​
Does the drain exit the firewall on the vertical portion or where it starts to curve to make the transmission tunnel?

Can you help with what I am looking for? A small black rubber tube? A metal one?

How far does it protrude from the firewall? 1 inch? more...?

I crawled under and it seems impossible from there. I will try getting further onto the top of the engine bay next thanks for that tip.

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I think I may have this same issue...

I noticed that my truck smelled a little damp this morning, and I lifted my passenger floor mat and saw a nice white layer of mold. Upon seeing that, I lifted up the carpet on the passenger side and it was very damp. I park underneath a roof all the time so I am doubtful it is a leak unless someone is pouring water into my truck in the middle of the night without me knowing... Driver side is dry, and so is the carpet under the rear seats.

I haven't been able to locate the a/c drain - has anyone been able to snap a picture of what this looks like?

Is it possible that this is just condensation from the hot temperature of the flood board with the a/c vent underneath the passenger seat? I noticed that it was most wet around that area.

I've got a dehumidifier running in the truck right now and I am drying everything so that I can further troubleshoot and crank up the A/C to see if I can find the source (so far this seems to be the most likely culprit).

(the drops you see are located at the top left area of the carpet area on the passenger side - closest to the transmission - no clue where they are coming from thus far)
mold1.png

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I run A/C constantly but have nrver seen any water run out under motor. 2019 Ranger Lariat. What gives? Is this due to the new AC fluid?
It's recycled into the oil sump...

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
If you run AC in recirculating mode you may not see anything significant. If not then you should check to make sure it’s draining correctly.
Maybe try fresh air mode and let it idle for about 20 minutes. If no condensation then you definitely should check the drainage.
Sponsored