Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
So this past Saturday we had some winter weather here in North Texas! Went to bed on Friday with 70 degree weather and thunderstorms and woke up to sleet and heavy (for us) snow on Saturday. Don't worry it was all gone by lunch time! Haha!

Here's my issue: The Ranger is my 1st vehicle with front sensors and they were alerting like crazy while driving in the precipitation. When I could pull over I saw that ice had formed on each sensor so I rubbed it off which helped temporarily. I tried turning off collision assist but it made no difference. I put up with it for the morning but would like to avoid next time if possible. It's something that I'll rarely have to worry about here. What do you guys and girls in colder climates do for this issue?
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
So this past Saturday we had some winter weather here in North Texas! Went to bed on Friday with 70 degree weather and thunderstorms and woke up to sleet and heavy (for us) snow on Saturday. Don't worry it was all gone by lunch time! Haha!

Here's my issue: The Ranger is my 1st vehicle with front sensors and they were alerting like crazy while driving in the precipitation. When I could pull over I saw that ice had formed on each sensor so I rubbed it off which helped temporarily. I tried turning off collision assist but it made no difference. I put up with it for the morning but would like to avoid next time if possible. It's something that I'll rarely have to worry about here. What do you guys and girls in colder climates do for this issue?
There's a button on the console to shut the front and rear parking sensors off. I'm not near my truck but I think it has a pylon or something on it?

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
There's a button on the console to shut the front and rear parking sensors off. I'm not near my truck but I think it has a pylon or something on it?
Wonderful!! Thank you!!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

It's the one in the lower middle with the P on it. I'd better never need that here!

IMG_1820.jpg

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Gee whiz, I had no idea we could shut those radar/sensor units off! :thumbsup:

On the note about iced or dirt cover radar/sensor units. We carry a little bottle of washer fluid to clean them up, when not at home. Use it on the back-up camera as well.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Gee whiz, I had no idea we could shut those radar/sensor units off! :thumbsup:

On the note about iced or dirt cover radar/sensor units. We carry a little bottle of washer fluid to clean them up, when not at home. Use it on the back-up camera as well.
Wish I would have remembered that button this week as I had them going off on the way home Tuesday. Of course I forgot to clean off the sensors when clearing snow off the truck before I left for home. I usually just wipe the camera off with a finger before I pull out if its precipitating. Gotta get used to winter all over again. ?

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Witnessed this last weekend driving in a 65mph zone at 6 degrees temp and hit the fog bank...immediate frozen ice on the windshield and all warnings on dashboard regarding all the sensors. None of that mattered, just turned them off but it took a few minutes of turning on full defrost at high heat to be able to see where I was going. I should check my dash cam for video.
Sponsored