Australian members, do you have ideas for gate seals?

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
You know what's funny: I used to live in Australia and I don't think I ever noticed a Ford Ranger there since my truck addiction started in the Land of the Free :cool:
Anyways....

How do you folks like the ESI Ultimate Tailgate Seal with Taper Seal Compatible with Ford Ranger 2019 and Newer?

And I was thinking of combining it with the gap cover recommended by ESI for our Rangers: ESI ROK Block XL Tailgate Gap Cover 7" / 17.78cm Width - Fits All Pickups Worldwide - thoughts?
(not planning to take the tailgate off anytime soon, so shouldn't ever be a problem)

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
You know what's funny: I used to live in Australia and I don't think I ever noticed a Ford Ranger there since my truck addiction started in the Land of the Free :cool:
Anyways....

How do you folks like the ESI Ultimate Tailgate Seal with Taper Seal Compatible with Ford Ranger 2019 and Newer?

And I was thinking of combining it with the gap cover recommended by ESI for our Rangers: ESI ROK Block XL Tailgate Gap Cover 7" / 17.78cm Width - Fits All Pickups Worldwide - thoughts?
(not planning to take the tailgate off anytime soon, so shouldn't ever be a problem)
Yeah, that tok block cover looks pretty good. Seems alot of the problems with the ESI seal was getting the gap in the gate properly sealed. I will look into that. Also waiting on a review of the Grunt seal @tentspast posted.

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Anyways....

I bought the rok block gap cover, but decided not to install it. It appears there would still be a big gap at each side of the bed due to the curved bottom of the gate. I also have a bed rug that required heavy-duty velcro attached to the bottom of the gate, and I would only have a narrow edge to attached the tape for the gap cover.

I'm going to wait and hopefully get some good feedback from the OZ options mentioned in this thread. If they never pan out then I'll revisit. I'm going up to our mountain property next weekend, so that will be the test for dust.

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I bought the rok block gap cover, but decided not to install it. It appears there would still be a big gap at each side of the bed due to the curved bottom of the gate. I also have a bed rug that required heavy-duty velcro attached to the bottom of the gate, and I would only have a narrow edge to attached the tape for the gap cover.

I'm going to wait and hopefully get some good feedback from the OZ options mentioned in this thread. If they never pan out then I'll revisit. I'm going up to our mountain property next weekend, so that will be the test for dust.
I own this bed mat:
Westin Rubber Truck Bed Mat | 2019-2020 Ranger SuperCrew (5 ft Bed) | 50-6455 | Black | 1 Pack
(that I only paid $89 for - at that price, and Made in the USA, I couldn't be happier - it's a joy to kneel on :))

I bought these an will report back here and other threads once it's installed:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I put the ESI on back in Sept 2020 and this is a shot of the bed from last week. It has not been cleaned out and this is all the weather/road/hauling dirt that I've gotten. Not any overlanding or construction, just regular road use and hauling stuff ( railroad ties, bags of garden bark, dump stuff...) I give it a thumbs up for my purpose. the usual YRMV

PS Sorry, not AUS

IMG_1716.jpg

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Thanks @FoD , does it work for you? I find that the gate seals are sort of hit or miss, if you can get them lined up right. As I posted, I'm going to be driving on dirt roads next week, so I'll know for sure of the ESI allows dust in.

Reactions: FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @FoD , does it work for you? I find that the gate seals are sort of hit or miss, if you can get them lined up right. As I posted, I'm going to be driving on dirt roads next week, so I'll know for sure of the ESI allows dust in.
Looks like one of those things that I'll be happy with until I'm not.

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
@tentspast any updated on the seal? I just saw someone else posted about seeing that one from OZ in another thread.

tentspast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Hi Tom, they finally resent my order so I fitted it a couple weeks ago. The seals seem good quality themselves and the adhesive is great. There are three parts, the lower seal along the base of the bed, an outer seal along the edge of the taillights and the inner seal which the tailgate presses against on the bed liner. I didn't have too much faith in the adhesive sticking because it is cold and wet here at the moment but it's taken everything I've thrown at it and then some (my chainsaw fell over and leaked some petrol on them and they are still sticking.) So far I haven't had a chance to test how well they keep the dust out but they do a great job of keeping the rain/road spray out. Just one thing to note this kit is designed for the inner seal to stick to the plastic drop in bed liner that we get as standard so not sure if it will make a difference if you have a spray liner or no liner at all?
20210702_170522.jpg
20210703_111824.jpg
20210710_153041.jpg

20210702_164055.jpg

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Hi Tom, they finally resent my order so I fitted it a couple weeks ago. The seals seem good quality themselves and the adhesive is great. There are three parts, the lower seal along the base of the bed, an outer seal along the edge of the taillights and the inner seal which the tailgate presses against on the bed liner. I didn't have too much faith in the adhesive sticking because it is cold and wet here at the moment but it's taken everything I've thrown at it and then some (my chainsaw fell over and leaked some petrol on them and they are still sticking.) So far I haven't had a chance to test how well they keep the dust out but they do a great job of keeping the rain/road spray out. Just one thing to note this kit is designed for the inner seal to stick to the plastic drop in bed liner that we get as standard so not sure if it will make a difference if you have a spray liner or no liner at all?
20210702_170522.jpg
20210703_111824.jpg
20210710_153041.jpg

20210702_164055.jpg
Thanks so much for the reply and review! Now just have to figure out if they will sell to us Yanks. :)

alan0614

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Lariat, 2017 GT350, 2016 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Product and Training Manager
Any updates?

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Any updates?
I got sidetracked and haven't been doing anything seal related recently. Aside from the update/review of the Grunt seal @tentspast posted above, there's been nothing new.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
So, finally got an answer from Aeroklas in Australia. Was worth a try but this one is going no where now.

6A858BFD-F749-4ECA-AC9B-B8FC6CAD7D44.png
Sponsored