Australian members, do you have ideas for gate seals?

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
There seems to be a lack of quality tailgate seals, and I'm curious if Australian folks have a better tailgate seal solution than we have here in North America? @Trigganometry found the one linked below, but it doesn't appear to be for the 5G ranger.

https://aeroklas.com.au/dust-seal-kit/

Just curious if you blokes have something better?

I found this one, but not for the ranger:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
That Aeroklas one is for the 5G Ranger; it's referred to as PX Down Undah

Also, here's the link to the EGR one for the PX (5G) Ranger: https://egrauto.com/product/ford-ranger-px-2011-dust-defence-kit
I'm not crazy about the EGR solution because it appears to sit on top of the floor of the bed. Not good.

I reached out to a dealer for the Aeroklas, but @Trigganometry said he also tried and heard back crickets. If the PX = 5G, and it's not hundreds of dollars then I would buy it to test.

SeanF82

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport in CG
Occupation
Safety
Vehicle Showcase
Which dealer did you try about the Aero?
I reached out to a dealer also…and I’ve asked my father to go there (I’m originally from Oz and my folks live about 5mins from a dealer)

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Which dealer did you try about the Aero?
I reached out to a dealer also…and I’ve asked my father to go there (I’m originally from Oz and my folks live about 5mins from a dealer)
Dude, you're a shoe-in! :) It was the first dealer on the list, and here's the email [email protected]

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Oh, I appear to be wrong, EGR doesn't sit on top of the bed floor. Not sure I want to drill holes, so need to verify if it uses existing bolt holes.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Oh, I appear to be wrong, EGR doesn't sit on top of the bed floor. Not sure I want to drill holes, so need to verify if it uses existing bolt holes.
I was out looking at my bed mounting points when I first started looking at these as a permanent fix. They do appear to be using the same ones as we have now. Like I said, wasn’t willing to shell out 100’s of dollars and then tack shipping onto it if it won’t fit! I’m sure if they do work they will get a rush of sales from the states though! Might be a great group buy to get it here at a more reasonable cost.

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
I was out looking at my bed mounting points when I first started looking at these as a permanent fix. They do appear to be using the same ones as we have now. Like I said, wasn’t willing to shell out 100’s of dollars and then tack shipping onto it if it won’t fit! I’m sure if they do work they will get a rush of sales from the states though! Might be a great group buy to get it here at a more reasonable cost.
The EGR looks promising. I reached out to dealer, and while I have no juice to get any special deal, if they actually reply I'll ask if they will cut me a break to test and then post about it, with the possibility of future sales from USA. Can't hurt (but probably won't help).

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I was out looking at my bed mounting points when I first started looking at these as a permanent fix. They do appear to be using the same ones as we have now. Like I said, wasn’t willing to shell out 100’s of dollars and then tack shipping onto it if it won’t fit! I’m sure if they do work they will get a rush of sales from the states though! Might be a great group buy to get it here at a more reasonable cost buy
The EGR looks promising. I reached out to dealer, and while I have no juice to get any special deal, if they actually reply I'll ask if they will cut me a break to test and then post about it, with the possibility of future sales from USA. Can't hurt (but probably won't help).
Tried that myself multiple times. It’s like they see a yank and delete it… ?

FlyingMonkey435

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Trapper
I ordered the ESI Ultimate Tailgate Seal from Amazon. Scheduled to arrive first of next week. I’ll get it installed and report back.

5F6197BC-3B66-4CB3-BC9A-FBA0BB815D17.png

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I ordered the ESI Ultimate Tailgate Seal from Amazon. Scheduled to arrive first of next week. I’ll get it installed and report back.

5F6197BC-3B66-4CB3-BC9A-FBA0BB815D17.png
So I have this one and I can say that it is so so..... Dont get me wrong, it has made a difference on how much dirt and dust comes into the bed but I do t thing it is that great....

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Yeah, me and @Trigganometry have that one, too, and both think it's so so. That's why I'm in search of something better before I try to 'fix' this one.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Another member in anothdr gate seal thread used a blade style boat seal that I was going to try. When I wake up and get to my computer I will find it and post a link.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Ok took a while! Finally used advanced search :-/

Look at the end of this THREAD.

Start HERE, tfisher15 had a good solution using a blade seal from Steele Rubber Products, Pt. No. 70-4104-344 and a ROK BLOCK type seal across the bottom. I just asked him for an update - looks like he insulated it over 6 months ago so should be a good gage of if it is a long term solution.

The ROK BLOCK seal means you have to destroy the seal to take off the tailgate, but for most of us how often is that? Had my last truck for over 12 years and I think I took it off 2x, once to see how easy it was and once to add a power door lock to the tailgate. Surprisingly Ford took care of the latter!

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Ok took a while! Finally used advanced search :-/

Look at the end of this THREAD.

Start HERE, tfisher15 had a good solution using a blade seal from Steele Rubber Products, Pt. No. 70-4104-344 and a ROK BLOCK type seal across the bottom. I just asked him for an update - looks like he insulated it over 6 months ago so should be a good gage of if it is a long term solution.

The ROK BLOCK seal means you have to destroy the seal to take off the tailgate, but for most of us how often is that? Had my last truck for over 12 years and I think I took it off 2x, once to see how easy it was and once to add a power door lock to the tailgate. Surprisingly Ford took care of the latter!
Thanks, I will look more closely at those threads. Initial reviews show results are mixed. I've also gotten crickets back from my dealer inquiries in OZ.

Sean, hope your dad had some luck.
Sponsored