A couple of things for Ford to consider ...

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to assume Ford watches this forum, so I'm posting a couple of items for consideration:

- A large number of people off-road. I would like to see an optional thumb drive that, depending on the geographical area, would bring up topographic maps on the nav screen similar to a standard nav, and move as the vehicle moves just as the nav screen currently does. The maps are currently available and most topographic maps (with trails, fire and secondary roads) are copies of U.S. Forest Service 25,000:1 topographic maps.
- Many of us have some form of bed cover on their trucks. We are alway fighting dust and dirt coming in from the tailgate perimeter. A factory tailgate seal to prevent that dust would be a great addition. Right now there is a "tailgate war" among the manufacturers. Each has developed a tailgate with various opening or step options. Now is a good time to introduce a tailgate with q proper seal.

Neither of these seem difficult. Weigh in if you have an opinion or other items you believe would be worthwhile.
I found a seal on I believe amazon
Sponsored

duckmansheba

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Realtor
I'm going to assume Ford watches this forum, so I'm posting a couple of items for consideration:

- A large number of people off-road. I would like to see an optional thumb drive that, depending on the geographical area, would bring up topographic maps on the nav screen similar to a standard nav, and move as the vehicle moves just as the nav screen currently does. The maps are currently available and most topographic maps (with trails, fire and secondary roads) are copies of U.S. Forest Service 25,000:1 topographic maps.
- Many of us have some form of bed cover on their trucks. We are alway fighting dust and dirt coming in from the tailgate perimeter. A factory tailgate seal to prevent that dust would be a great addition. Right now there is a "tailgate war" among the manufacturers. Each has developed a tailgate with various opening or step options. Now is a good time to introduce a tailgate with q proper seal.

Neither of these seem difficult. Weigh in if you have an opinion or other items you believe would be worthwhile.
Sygic for android does this

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
The more I read the comments in this thread, I'm missing my '07 2 door XL more than I already do. Crank windows, AM/FM radio, a heater that worked, no AC to break, rear drum brakes, strangers walking up to me parking lots saying "cool truck, wanna sell it". Ahhh the good ole days.....in 2021 lol.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Even if ford did look here, I really don’t think they would care :curse: Quality is certainly not job 1.

Awg9Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT SCAB

Off-Road maps: Ford has an app for that. It’s called Bronco Trail.

Robert Scott

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
Install a driver's side "A" pillar grab handle.
Sponsored