Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Thank you!

That is my tent hanging from the ceiling.

Its really easy to use. I need to make some changes, as its not completely level when lifting, but that was a design flaw on my part. It will be an easy fix. I will see about getting a video of me installing and removing the tent sometime, but I can do it by myself with minimal effort. The hardest part is getting lined up under the tent.
Great! Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
LS2SbSSsP9YKMW3ryF0ArB7A=w2038-h1530-no?authuser=1.jpg

I changed out the Eibach Pro kit with the OME HD front and SD rear. The Eibach was great, but with the weight of the bumper and winch, they were under sprung. I decided to swap the full kit to make it a 1 day event. Swapping springs on the Eibach kit would have taken a few days, because I would have to pull them, take them to the shop, wait for them to swap the springs, get them from the shop, then install them. Not worth the time, IMO.

So far the OME kit is great. The dive I was experiencing under braking is gone and the ride is firm, but pleasant. Even my wife noticed the difference in ride.

I also installed my Icon UCAs that I got from @Stage3Motorsports from their group buy. I need to have it aligned tomorrow, but... I am really happy with the ride.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
B_d42Z6gzKJ2aglUeXePscFqg=w1278-h959-no?authuser=0.jpg

Installed the Mishimoto snorkel. It took some time, but was actually pretty easy. Once you get past drilling holes in your fancy truck, the install is simple. The hardest part was taking the fender flare off. I broke it. Had to buy a new one. That was a $100 mistake.
man i love how you take the rtt off! i wish my garage was that tall haha

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It is an elegant solution. I've been really happy with how it works.
ya it looks great ill have to see if i can do something in my low garage if the truck still fits with my lift lol the damn shark fin was so close to hitting my door.... i really wish someone made a low pro shark fin!

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
b1GXvaRmZQ7JlIUKRjEzyV9XE=w997-h1329-no?authuser=0.jpg

With the help of an Instagram Ranger friend, I mounted my ARB single compressor under the hood. Right now, the hookup is still on the unit, but I plan to move it to the bed. This is a project for another day.

I swapped out my stock headlight bulbs for Auxito LED bulbs. They add a lot of light to the front and have a really clean white light. I am happy with their performance.

Here are some random wheeling pictures:
f0f0r0FHWXG6SMtE8Kl7ukLQy=w1278-h852-no?authuser=0.jpg

wpU_n89zBTBWYdWL1f1sWMrJQ=w997-h1329-no?authuser=0.jpg

_hng7iIW9PD3j205_4xZdTJmK=w886-h1329-no?authuser=0.jpg

fjYgUlg0ztHwB6PzUAm-oZHa0=w1278-h852-no?authuser=0.jpg

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
hold up... you put led bulbs into a reflector housing....

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, and I have seen your other posts about how its not going to work. It does. Might not be the 'best' solution but it was also $70 instead of $500+.
well ya its still going to "work" its a light shinning so its still going to produce light just not a proper cutoff or anything plus its blinding from the other side since its not directed like a projector.
i get that its cheap and its simple to do its just not the best option out there

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
well ya its still going to "work" its a light shinning so its still going to produce light just not a proper cutoff or anything plus its blinding from the other side since its not directed like a projector.
i get that its cheap and its simple to do its just not the best option out there
Dude - take your preaching somewhere else. I haven't been flashed once since I installed them and I live in the country where people WILL flash you. I have good light output and coverage in front of me. They are safe to use, driving the truck and oncoming traffic. I have them adjusted down so they aren't blinding to oncoming traffic. Seriously, you don't need to try and make your point to everyone who installs them. I research and make my decisions based on information I find.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Dude - take your preaching somewhere else. I haven't been flashed once since I installed them and I live in the country where people WILL flash you. I have good light output and coverage in front of me. They are safe to use, driving the truck and oncoming traffic. I have them adjusted down so they aren't blinding to oncoming traffic. Seriously, you don't need to try and make your point to everyone who installs them. I research and make my decisions based on information I find.
you can call it preaching but ive only had a convo with one other person about this.... but ive talked to loads on other forums about it and it always ends up fine with saying ya its not the best i plan to run it for awhile and get better housings/reflector bowl (depending on if a company makes it for that vehicle) eventually..... but here it seems everyone gets so defensive about stuff and gets upset... again ive talked to one person about this so who is this everyone you speak of? ive talked to you a decent amount and follow your build thread and saw the leds in reflectors most do not know shit and just throw them in and then wonder wow the light output is poor and bla bla bla so thats my history with people putting leds in reflectors. not saying thats you but its never a bad idea to check sometimes to see if they even know what they are doing...

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
My XLT lights suck. I hope to see some Black Friday sales. But then again I have so many other things to buy that I may just keep using these lights. I can't even tell if they're on sometimes.

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Well I did it. I joined the dark side or bright side? I bought Auxito LEDs to replace my halogens. Stage3 did have a discount on Alpharex LED headlights but it was still $700+!!! I couldn't spend that much right now as I bought other goodies too. I'll use the Auxitos for a bit. I needed better lighting. I think the hard part is going to be aiming these suckers so that they don't blind other drivers. They should arrive tomorrow and I'll install over the weekend.

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Well I did it. I joined the dark side or bright side? I bought Auxito LEDs to replace my halogens. Stage3 did have a discount on Alpharex LED headlights but it was still $700+!!! I couldn't spend that much right now as I bought other goodies too. I'll use the Auxitos for a bit. I needed better lighting. I think the hard part is going to be aiming these suckers so that they don't blind other drivers. They should arrive tomorrow and I'll install over the weekend.
If you aim them a little lower than 'recommended' you should be fine. I haven't been flashed once since I installed them.
Sponsored