First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I got my truck aligned at Bighorn in Parker. Did most of the suspension install myself, saves quite a bit of money that way.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,

Any 4x4 shop recommendations in the Denver metro area? Looking for a good shop to do some suspension upgrades.

Thanks in advance!
What are you looking to do? There is a fairly large group around the Denver area and we all like to work on trucks. I've replaced my front and rear suspension, and could do it again. Also, 4WP took care of @Nopalito.

OP
OP
oldstonebuddha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
I'd like to lift my 2020 xlt fx4 off road enough to get some 33s under it and get a bit more articulation, improve handling / ride. I'm thinking a fox 2.5 stage 4 kit w Grimm tubular UCAs to maintain right geometry. It's a surprisingly capable truck on trails stock, but does need a bit more clearence for some of the trails here in good old Colorado and the ride has some room for improvement.

I guess from my resesrch that'll involve trimming front crash bars, realignment, finding right wheel tire combo and offset. Also prob should get an off road bumper / winch while I'm at it. ?

So a fair amount of work.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to lift my 2020 xlt fx4 off road enough to get some 33s under it and get a bit more articulation, improve handling / ride. I'm thinking a fox 2.5 stage 4 kit w Grimm tubular UCAs to maintain right geometry. It's a surprisingly capable truck on trails stock, but does need a bit more clearence for some of the trails here in good old Colorado and the ride has some room for improvement.

I guess from my resesrch that'll involve trimming front crash bars, realignment, finding right wheel tire combo and offset. Also prob should get an off road bumper / winch while I'm at it. ?

So a fair amount of work.
I have 255/80r17 (33.1") tires on an Eibach Pro 2.0 kit. I didn't have issues with the crash bars. I have 1" wheel spacers on stock wheels. I did get a bumper and winch, so the crash bars are no longer installed. I have Icon UCAs to install, but haven't gotten around to it. When its not a billion degrees out, I would be up for helping you install, if you want to save the money and tackle it yourself.

OP
OP
oldstonebuddha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 255/80r17 (33.1") tires on an Eibach Pro 2.0 kit. I didn't have issues with the crash bars. I have 1" wheel spacers on stock wheels. I did get a bumper and winch, so the crash bars are no longer installed. I have Icon UCAs to install, but haven't gotten around to it. When its not a billion degrees out, I would be up for helping you install, if you want to save the money and tackle it yourself.
Wow, thanks for the kind offer! That is very generous.

Sadly, I'm too busy to work on my own stuff anymore and additionally live in an apt now, so all my tools are in storage.

I'll likely just shell out for a shop to do the work just for the convenience.

OP
OP
oldstonebuddha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Do you like the Eibach 2.0 kit? How the ride (trail and street)?

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Do you like the Eibach 2.0 kit? How the ride (trail and street)?
The ride is fantastic and it handles great off road. I've thought about upgrading the front springs from 550# to 600# to handle the weight of the bumper and winch, and upgrading to 2.5, but I honestly can't justify the 2.5 upgrade at this point. I think 600# springs will be the ticket. I don't do fast off-roading, I'm a slow and methodical wheeler, so I don't need the recovery/stamina of the 2.5s.

RD_Kona

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
I didn't want to start a new thread for a similar question.

I'll probably install Baja Designs grille lighting after I finish some travel this month and next. Anyone recommend a shop to do that work (I'm in south Denver metro but location is not a dealbreaker). Is 4WP the go to or is there another people prefer?

Thanks.

sheashelby

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Similar question: Outside of the Ford Dealerships in the Denver area, where have you all taken your trucks to get serviced?

Also - Do you all know of any 4x4 shops that will install wheel spacers? I have had most work on my truck (suspension, exhaust, etc.) worked on a 4WP, but they would not install the wheel spacers (after saying they would, and me dropping my truck off there).

sheashelby

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Sorry I didn't see the reply! I don't have a garage to do it myself, but ended up taking it to RSG Offroad in Lakewood. They were great, fast, and cheap. That will probably be my new spot if looking to install other accessories.
Sponsored